An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
J. S. Bach
Posts: 5820
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm

An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Postby J. S. Bach » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:09 pm

...the skills and tools to complete it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125265585860

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:31 pm

carmefinle4
Corvallis Oregon.
Yet says "Bob Turner"

I know for a fact he ain't in Corvallis.

So Bob provided a kit to a guy in Oregon?
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:44 pm

.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:25 pm

and the seller is in Corvallis
Dave....gone by invitation

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Postby bob turner » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:33 pm

I remember that. I think it was a quarter century ago, and the deal was I would supply the kit and the builder would either build it and let me know the kit deficiencies or send me $75 - his choice.

I set up a steel jig for cutting and drilling - I really don't remember if I tapped the holes.

At $75 each I would have gone broke quickly.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests