And now for something completely different

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby 2railjon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:06 am

That is odd.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Running that red block Charlie.

cole7015
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby cole7015 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:29 pm

I doubt it. only a c oration fool on Russian coke would do that


2railjon wrote:Think it will sell for 8K?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/O-SCALE-BRASS-GO ... Sw7yZbNtPe

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:36 pm

.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby E7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:23 am

Maybe it's that "tiny" golden spike! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How much is gold going for an ounce these days anyhow???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:45 am

The guy said the golden spike wasn’t in the box! :shock:
Running that red block Charlie.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby E7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:02 pm

2railjon wrote:The guy said the golden spike wasn’t in the box! :shock:


We wuz robbed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:11 pm

https://www.ebay.com/str/Sell-It-Rite-N ... 7675.l2563

This is the seller's "store". 31 items, bracelets, bike, airplane model, painting, clocks, rings......and two train items, one at five grand plus.
ALL showing zero bids.
Dave....gone by invitation

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby Chris Webster » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:51 pm

Chris Webster wrote:The item, a pair of Overland Amtrak P42s and four Overland Superliner cars, did not sell and was relisted.... four separate times. On the fourth relisting, two different bidders suddenly took interest and bid it up to $5600, plus another $300 for shipping:

I was surprised by Scott Mann's announcement today that Sunset/GGD are producing P42s and Superliners. His P42s are $899.95/each while his Superliners are $349.95/each.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby E7 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:39 am

Chris Webster wrote:I was surprised by Scott Mann's announcement today that Sunset/GGD are producing P42s and Superliners. His P42s are $899.95/each while his Superliners are $349.95/each.


What are they made out of? That may be the difference! I've seen the OMI units go for as low 1K. If the $900 Sunset/GGD ones are plastic, they're not much of a deal compared to the OMI version.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby robert. » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:06 pm

E7 wrote:
Chris Webster wrote:I was surprised by Scott Mann's announcement today that Sunset/GGD are producing P42s and Superliners. His P42s are $899.95/each while his Superliners are $349.95/each.


What are they made out of? That may be the difference! I've seen the OMI units go for as low 1K. If the $900 Sunset/GGD ones are plastic, they're not much of a deal compared to the OMI version.

plastic
http://www.3rdrail.com/reservation.html#P42
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby E7 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:36 pm

robert. wrote:
E7 wrote:
Chris Webster wrote:I was surprised by Scott Mann's announcement today that Sunset/GGD are producing P42s and Superliners. His P42s are $899.95/each while his Superliners are $349.95/each.


What are they made out of? That may be the difference! I've seen the OMI units go for as low 1K. If the $900 Sunset/GGD ones are plastic, they're not much of a deal compared to the OMI version.


plastic
http://www.3rdrail.com/reservation.html#P42


For only a C-note difference, I think I would try and find an OMI! I've caught Turneritis. :mrgreen:

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby Chris Webster » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:54 pm

For only a C-note difference, I think I would try and find an OMI!


Me too, but the only OMI's I think I've seen sell for a grand were part of a set that included multiple OMI Superliners that I didn't want nor could I afford... :lol:

BrassTrains says that OMI imported a total of 52 P42s in 1998 and the models had an original MSRP of $2,250.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:45 am

.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: And now for something completely different

Postby E7 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:47 pm

Chris Webster wrote:
For only a C-note difference, I think I would try and find an OMI!


Me too, but the only OMI's I think I've seen sell for a grand were part of a set that included multiple OMI Superliners that I didn't want nor could I afford... :lol:

BrassTrains says that OMI imported a total of 52 P42s in 1998 and the models had an original MSRP of $2,250.


It's been quite a while, but I recall seeing them (or at least one) listed singly on Feebay as low as 1K, no cars involved. That said I've never seen them pull anything other than superliner cars. Obviously you could run them with anything you like, but it might incur the wrath of the Proto Police! :shock:

I don't recall seeing any on Feebay of late, but I haven't been looking all that much.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 93 guests