And now for something completely different
Re: And now for something completely different
Think it will sell for 8K?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/O-SCALE-BRASS-GO ... Sw7yZbNtPe
https://m.ebay.com/itm/O-SCALE-BRASS-GO ... Sw7yZbNtPe
Running that red block Charlie.
Re: And now for something completely different
I doubt it. only a c oration fool on Russian coke would do that
2railjon wrote:Think it will sell for 8K?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/O-SCALE-BRASS-GO ... Sw7yZbNtPe
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: And now for something completely different
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: And now for something completely different
Maybe it's that "tiny" golden spike!
How much is gold going for an ounce these days anyhow????

Re: And now for something completely different
The guy said the golden spike wasn’t in the box! 
Running that red block Charlie.
Re: And now for something completely different
2railjon wrote:The guy said the golden spike wasn’t in the box!
We wuz robbed!!!
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: And now for something completely different
https://www.ebay.com/str/Sell-It-Rite-N ... 7675.l2563
This is the seller's "store". 31 items, bracelets, bike, airplane model, painting, clocks, rings......and two train items, one at five grand plus.
ALL showing zero bids.
This is the seller's "store". 31 items, bracelets, bike, airplane model, painting, clocks, rings......and two train items, one at five grand plus.
ALL showing zero bids.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: And now for something completely different
Chris Webster wrote:The item, a pair of Overland Amtrak P42s and four Overland Superliner cars, did not sell and was relisted.... four separate times. On the fourth relisting, two different bidders suddenly took interest and bid it up to $5600, plus another $300 for shipping:
I was surprised by Scott Mann's announcement today that Sunset/GGD are producing P42s and Superliners. His P42s are $899.95/each while his Superliners are $349.95/each.
Re: And now for something completely different
Chris Webster wrote:I was surprised by Scott Mann's announcement today that Sunset/GGD are producing P42s and Superliners. His P42s are $899.95/each while his Superliners are $349.95/each.
What are they made out of? That may be the difference! I've seen the OMI units go for as low 1K. If the $900 Sunset/GGD ones are plastic, they're not much of a deal compared to the OMI version.
Re: And now for something completely different
E7 wrote:Chris Webster wrote:I was surprised by Scott Mann's announcement today that Sunset/GGD are producing P42s and Superliners. His P42s are $899.95/each while his Superliners are $349.95/each.
What are they made out of? That may be the difference! I've seen the OMI units go for as low 1K. If the $900 Sunset/GGD ones are plastic, they're not much of a deal compared to the OMI version.
plastic
http://www.3rdrail.com/reservation.html#P42
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes
Re: And now for something completely different
robert. wrote:E7 wrote:Chris Webster wrote:I was surprised by Scott Mann's announcement today that Sunset/GGD are producing P42s and Superliners. His P42s are $899.95/each while his Superliners are $349.95/each.
What are they made out of? That may be the difference! I've seen the OMI units go for as low 1K. If the $900 Sunset/GGD ones are plastic, they're not much of a deal compared to the OMI version.
plastic
http://www.3rdrail.com/reservation.html#P42
For only a C-note difference, I think I would try and find an OMI! I've caught Turneritis.
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: And now for something completely different
For only a C-note difference, I think I would try and find an OMI!
Me too, but the only OMI's I think I've seen sell for a grand were part of a set that included multiple OMI Superliners that I didn't want nor could I afford...
BrassTrains says that OMI imported a total of 52 P42s in 1998 and the models had an original MSRP of $2,250.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: And now for something completely different
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: And now for something completely different
Chris Webster wrote:For only a C-note difference, I think I would try and find an OMI!
Me too, but the only OMI's I think I've seen sell for a grand were part of a set that included multiple OMI Superliners that I didn't want nor could I afford...![]()
BrassTrains says that OMI imported a total of 52 P42s in 1998 and the models had an original MSRP of $2,250.
It's been quite a while, but I recall seeing them (or at least one) listed singly on Feebay as low as 1K, no cars involved. That said I've never seen them pull anything other than superliner cars. Obviously you could run them with anything you like, but it might incur the wrath of the Proto Police!
I don't recall seeing any on Feebay of late, but I haven't been looking all that much.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests