I’m kinda new to the vintage stuff but this caught my eye. We’re MG and All Nation ever together or is this guy hedging his bets?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255026335978
Peter
Max Grey-All Nation???
-
herronpeter
- Posts: 748
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
- Location: Clifton Park, NY
-
Jay Criswell
- Posts: 2003
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm
Re: Max Grey-All Nation???
Early MG. Zero A-N. With the switch, shown in the cab roof, most likely a unversal universal motor. No lost wax castings, all turnings or sand cast. Un-blackened frame, nearly pizza cutter flanges on the wheels. It will probably outlast all of us.
Jay
Jay
Re: Max Grey-All Nation???
Brass buying rule #1: If you have to ask what it is, you probably shouldn't buy it. 
Add to that NO tender. But then you may have masochistic tendencies!
Add to that NO tender. But then you may have masochistic tendencies!
Re: Max Grey-All Nation???
Additional cautionary note- same buyer is listing one of those IMP JNR box-motors (that Rufus periodically features) as "KTM-MG-AN" as well.
At least he admits he really doesn't know much about this stuff, though I'm aware there's a fairly straight connection with IMP to KTM/MG.
I like the look of those drivers on that 4-8-4 anyway, looks like an AT&SF prototype from the front, but starting bid is.... whew.....
At least he admits he really doesn't know much about this stuff, though I'm aware there's a fairly straight connection with IMP to KTM/MG.
I like the look of those drivers on that 4-8-4 anyway, looks like an AT&SF prototype from the front, but starting bid is.... whew.....
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
-
Jay Criswell
- Posts: 2003
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm
Re: Max Grey-All Nation???
I see a tender.
Jay
Jay
Re: Max Grey-All Nation???
Jay Criswell wrote:I see a tender.
Jay
I guess I got bored before I got to the tender. Really didn't need to see a tender to decide: Nope!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Max Grey-All Nation???
De Bruin wrote:Additional cautionary note- same buyer is listing one of those IMP JNR box-motors (that Rufus periodically features) as "KTM-MG-AN" as well.
Yes, those were KTM products, and his is grossly overpriced by my values..........yet, as I state that I also see these selling at what I also consider to be overpriced numbers. Clearly their attraction has increased....... I also expect that with the conclusion of my current project that I am done with my interest in these IMP products.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 54 guests
