Max Grey-All Nation???

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
herronpeter
Posts: 748
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Max Grey-All Nation???

Postby herronpeter » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:09 pm

I’m kinda new to the vintage stuff but this caught my eye. We’re MG and All Nation ever together or is this guy hedging his bets?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255026335978

Peter

Jay Criswell
Posts: 2003
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Re: Max Grey-All Nation???

Postby Jay Criswell » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:59 pm

Early MG. Zero A-N. With the switch, shown in the cab roof, most likely a unversal universal motor. No lost wax castings, all turnings or sand cast. Un-blackened frame, nearly pizza cutter flanges on the wheels. It will probably outlast all of us.

Jay

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Max Grey-All Nation???

Postby E7 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:37 pm

Brass buying rule #1: If you have to ask what it is, you probably shouldn't buy it. :mrgreen:

Add to that NO tender. But then you may have masochistic tendencies! :mrgreen:

User avatar
De Bruin
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Max Grey-All Nation???

Postby De Bruin » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:03 pm

Additional cautionary note- same buyer is listing one of those IMP JNR box-motors (that Rufus periodically features) as "KTM-MG-AN" as well.
At least he admits he really doesn't know much about this stuff, though I'm aware there's a fairly straight connection with IMP to KTM/MG.

I like the look of those drivers on that 4-8-4 anyway, looks like an AT&SF prototype from the front, but starting bid is.... whew.....
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com

Jay Criswell
Posts: 2003
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Re: Max Grey-All Nation???

Postby Jay Criswell » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:19 pm

I see a tender.

Jay

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Max Grey-All Nation???

Postby E7 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:48 am

Jay Criswell wrote:I see a tender.

Jay


I guess I got bored before I got to the tender. Really didn't need to see a tender to decide: Nope!

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Max Grey-All Nation???

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:14 am

De Bruin wrote:Additional cautionary note- same buyer is listing one of those IMP JNR box-motors (that Rufus periodically features) as "KTM-MG-AN" as well.


Yes, those were KTM products, and his is grossly overpriced by my values..........yet, as I state that I also see these selling at what I also consider to be overpriced numbers. Clearly their attraction has increased....... I also expect that with the conclusion of my current project that I am done with my interest in these IMP products.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests