Something New

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Something New

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:39 pm

50C47E4C-6EF9-48FD-BC65-601393165E01.jpeg
50C47E4C-6EF9-48FD-BC65-601393165E01.jpeg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 6123 times

Rio Grande M68 “Western” class 4-8-4 leads the Panoramic out of East Portal through the Moffat Tunnel with a typical 1940’s consist of all heavyweight Pullman accommodations and some light express.
9AD56FD4-F515-421A-9F92-D7F3984E31D5.jpeg
9AD56FD4-F515-421A-9F92-D7F3984E31D5.jpeg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 6123 times

A classic scene along the Santa Fe is punctuated by the silver and red streak of the 1938 version of the El Capitan with E1 number 4.

Some prototype evidence:
1CC40C18-20A2-4917-98E5-908304559DA1.jpeg
1CC40C18-20A2-4917-98E5-908304559DA1.jpeg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 6123 times

February 22, 1939 -photographer Otto Perry was well placed to record Santa Fe’s triolgy of transcontinental streamliners. Just after eight o’clock the first rolled into view, headed west: No. 21, the little five-car El Cap, clipping along at 75 miles-per-hour. Otto C. Perry, Denver Public Library, Western History Collection. From the book The Chiefs and his Tribesmen by Karl Zimmerman
1D0E751B-7B2B-4C4D-BDD6-111695A52A69.jpeg
1D0E751B-7B2B-4C4D-BDD6-111695A52A69.jpeg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 6123 times

Hot Summer nights are a great time to cruise on down to the local hamburger stand. Can you smell the french fries? Anyone for a milk shake?
12C759A1-8AB4-4AC8-9E6A-1698CF9ECB66.png
12C759A1-8AB4-4AC8-9E6A-1698CF9ECB66.png (14.29 MiB) Viewed 6123 times

Get your kicks on Route 66 with the sights and sounds of the eastbound 1956 version of the High Level El Cap about to hit the high iron outside of town. The new 1956 Studebaker is also an awesome sight to be sure!
9E201B3B-29A8-45CE-86A0-A5E73CC96520.jpeg
9E201B3B-29A8-45CE-86A0-A5E73CC96520.jpeg (759.49 KiB) Viewed 6123 times

Before venturing down the highway for the end of Summer travels be sure to get a full service at the local Mobilgas Service.

Models represented and furnished by:

Scale City Designs

Sunset 3rd Rail

Conquest Models

Key Model Imports

St Petersburg Tram Collection

Precision Scale Co

Joe Fischer

Pecos River Brass

Don Mills Models

Minimarque 43

Western Models Collectors Edition (WMCE)

Berkshire Valley

MTH Electric Trains

Golden Gate Depot

Erik C Lindgren









All images are ©️Erik C Lindgren except where noted

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Something New

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:16 am

Erik, your work is phenomenal!! Will you have a book of your photography for sale at some point?
Jon
Running that red block Charlie.

texas&pacific
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: Something New

Postby texas&pacific » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:37 am

For some reason, the pictures do not load. Any suggestions on how to fix? :?

LarryK
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Something New

Postby LarryK » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Erik,
You have a talent and it is so enjoyable to view your work.
Amazing attention to the small details.

Keep them coming!

Larry
No Comment!

PRR Man
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 am

Re: Something New

Postby PRR Man » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Erik, very nice!
Are you doing something different in your photography? Some items in the photos have a posterization-like effect to them.
I've never seen this in your work before
I am John Galt.
Chris

User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Something New

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Chris, I have been using Lightroom to alter the color profile to simulate an early color film, I guess it can go both ways as natural and it’s a time machine or the “Old filtered “ look. I like them both so I can both ways even black and white.

Thanks for the nice compliments all of you. I don’t find the enjoyment in sharing online in forums anymore. Admittedly I am burned out of OGR; the last round of bashing ended it for me. I still look at it once in awhile but this forum is still an ok place thanks to the general population involved.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Something New

Postby bob turner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Your photos always look real. If you are not incentivized here, what venue is now bringing you satisfaction? I am still waiting for that 75% trains coffee table book.

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Something New

Postby E7 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:14 am

Aha! I knew if I looked long enough I would find something I didn't like, and I did: None of that stuff belongs to me! :cry:

As always, nice work Erik!

Rich

PRR Man
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:55 am

Re: Something New

Postby PRR Man » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks for explaining Erik. It all looks very realistic. Hope you were not put off by the question.
I am John Galt.
Chris

GreggL
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:20 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: Something New

Postby GreggL » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:24 am

Your vignettes and photography are simply spectacular and the best that are available!

...gregg

LarryK
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Something New

Postby LarryK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Erik,

Hope you don’t abandon posting your pictures. They are a source of enjoyment and inspiration for many.

Larry
No Comment!

User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Something New

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:10 pm

Larry,

I have moved to submission to magazine print and book and will be in some upcoming publications including the 2019 calendar from MRC. As far as a all trains version of a book Bob that’s on the agenda including a hard cover with White River. I will let you know when that gets going I’m still working on a manuscript now.

Hey, Thank you for the continuing support. I really appreciate it.
Last edited by Erik C Lindgren on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Something New

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:12 pm

36811CB4-F727-4458-8E52-EA79C8023AFD.jpeg
36811CB4-F727-4458-8E52-EA79C8023AFD.jpeg (470.28 KiB) Viewed 5900 times

Rough edit still working on this series but a sneak peak test shot

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Something New

Postby bob turner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Thanks for the nice compliments all of you. I don’t find the enjoyment in sharing online in forums anymore. Admittedly I am burned out of OGR; the last round of bashing ended it for me. I still look at it once in awhile but this forum is still an ok place thanks to the general population involved.


I note that you are back to NK. Our loss.

Chris Rock
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:08 pm
Location: United States

Re: Something New

Postby Chris Rock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 pm

As always, great photos and trains.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 89 guests