Something New
- Erik C Lindgren
- Posts: 1307
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
- Contact:
Something New
Rio Grande M68 “Western” class 4-8-4 leads the Panoramic out of East Portal through the Moffat Tunnel with a typical 1940’s consist of all heavyweight Pullman accommodations and some light express.
A classic scene along the Santa Fe is punctuated by the silver and red streak of the 1938 version of the El Capitan with E1 number 4.
Some prototype evidence:
February 22, 1939 -photographer Otto Perry was well placed to record Santa Fe’s triolgy of transcontinental streamliners. Just after eight o’clock the first rolled into view, headed west: No. 21, the little five-car El Cap, clipping along at 75 miles-per-hour. Otto C. Perry, Denver Public Library, Western History Collection. From the book The Chiefs and his Tribesmen by Karl Zimmerman
Hot Summer nights are a great time to cruise on down to the local hamburger stand. Can you smell the french fries? Anyone for a milk shake?
Get your kicks on Route 66 with the sights and sounds of the eastbound 1956 version of the High Level El Cap about to hit the high iron outside of town. The new 1956 Studebaker is also an awesome sight to be sure!
Before venturing down the highway for the end of Summer travels be sure to get a full service at the local Mobilgas Service.
Models represented and furnished by:
Scale City Designs
Sunset 3rd Rail
Conquest Models
Key Model Imports
St Petersburg Tram Collection
Precision Scale Co
Joe Fischer
Pecos River Brass
Don Mills Models
Minimarque 43
Western Models Collectors Edition (WMCE)
Berkshire Valley
MTH Electric Trains
Golden Gate Depot
Erik C Lindgren
All images are ©️Erik C Lindgren except where noted
Re: Something New
Erik, your work is phenomenal!! Will you have a book of your photography for sale at some point?
Jon
Jon
Running that red block Charlie.
-
texas&pacific
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:14 pm
Re: Something New
For some reason, the pictures do not load. Any suggestions on how to fix? 
Re: Something New
Erik,
You have a talent and it is so enjoyable to view your work.
Amazing attention to the small details.
Keep them coming!
Larry
You have a talent and it is so enjoyable to view your work.
Amazing attention to the small details.
Keep them coming!
Larry
No Comment!
Re: Something New
Erik, very nice!
Are you doing something different in your photography? Some items in the photos have a posterization-like effect to them.
I've never seen this in your work before
Are you doing something different in your photography? Some items in the photos have a posterization-like effect to them.
I've never seen this in your work before
I am John Galt.
Chris
Chris
- Erik C Lindgren
- Posts: 1307
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Something New
Chris, I have been using Lightroom to alter the color profile to simulate an early color film, I guess it can go both ways as natural and it’s a time machine or the “Old filtered “ look. I like them both so I can both ways even black and white.
Thanks for the nice compliments all of you. I don’t find the enjoyment in sharing online in forums anymore. Admittedly I am burned out of OGR; the last round of bashing ended it for me. I still look at it once in awhile but this forum is still an ok place thanks to the general population involved.
Thanks for the nice compliments all of you. I don’t find the enjoyment in sharing online in forums anymore. Admittedly I am burned out of OGR; the last round of bashing ended it for me. I still look at it once in awhile but this forum is still an ok place thanks to the general population involved.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Something New
Your photos always look real. If you are not incentivized here, what venue is now bringing you satisfaction? I am still waiting for that 75% trains coffee table book.
Re: Something New
Aha! I knew if I looked long enough I would find something I didn't like, and I did: None of that stuff belongs to me!
As always, nice work Erik!
Rich
As always, nice work Erik!
Rich
Re: Something New
Thanks for explaining Erik. It all looks very realistic. Hope you were not put off by the question.
I am John Galt.
Chris
Chris
Re: Something New
Your vignettes and photography are simply spectacular and the best that are available!
...gregg
...gregg
Re: Something New
Erik,
Hope you don’t abandon posting your pictures. They are a source of enjoyment and inspiration for many.
Larry
Hope you don’t abandon posting your pictures. They are a source of enjoyment and inspiration for many.
Larry
No Comment!
- Erik C Lindgren
- Posts: 1307
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Something New
Larry,
I have moved to submission to magazine print and book and will be in some upcoming publications including the 2019 calendar from MRC. As far as a all trains version of a book Bob that’s on the agenda including a hard cover with White River. I will let you know when that gets going I’m still working on a manuscript now.
Hey, Thank you for the continuing support. I really appreciate it.
I have moved to submission to magazine print and book and will be in some upcoming publications including the 2019 calendar from MRC. As far as a all trains version of a book Bob that’s on the agenda including a hard cover with White River. I will let you know when that gets going I’m still working on a manuscript now.
Hey, Thank you for the continuing support. I really appreciate it.
Last edited by Erik C Lindgren on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Erik C Lindgren
- Posts: 1307
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Something New
Rough edit still working on this series but a sneak peak test shot
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Something New
Thanks for the nice compliments all of you. I don’t find the enjoyment in sharing online in forums anymore. Admittedly I am burned out of OGR; the last round of bashing ended it for me. I still look at it once in awhile but this forum is still an ok place thanks to the general population involved.
I note that you are back to NK. Our loss.
I note that you are back to NK. Our loss.
-
Chris Rock
- Posts: 1480
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:08 pm
- Location: United States
Re: Something New
As always, great photos and trains.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests