Rufus!!

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Rufus!!

Postby 2railjon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:38 am

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Rufus!!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 am

2railjon wrote:This caboose is absolutely gorgeous!!!


Thank you :!:

Did you make kits of it for sale?


No..... Pretty much a 1-off item. Hmmmm.......I do have a friend with a laser cutter. Maybe we could put together some short run kits? I'll have to ask him.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Rufus!!

Postby 2railjon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:10 am

Rufus, I would be in for a kit for sure!! :D
Anyone else??
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Rufus!!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:52 am

2railjon wrote:Rufus, I would be in for a kit for sure!! :D
Anyone else??


Looks like I started with that ol' flat car kit of mine, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably had it laying about, probably incomplete scavenged parts for whatever and decided that the best way to get rid of it was to build something. I probably have quite a few cars laying about that had similar origins of combined scavenging and salvaging. :wink: :wink:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Rufus!!

Postby 2railjon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:02 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Rufus!!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:06 pm

2railjon wrote:“Looks like I started with that ol' flat car kit of mine, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:”

Well alrighty then!
Let’s get started! :mrgreen:


Yup, I see a bundle of coffee stirrer sticks, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Rufus!!

Postby 2railjon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Do you recall the stain that you used for your deck boards?
I like the rustic color!
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Rufus!!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:41 pm

2railjon wrote:Do you recall the stain that you used for your deck boards?
I like the rustic color!


It's left over MinWax that I dump into a bottle and re-fill randomly - Walnut, Ebony, Ipswitch Pine, Pecan, etc. - and then top off with thinner. It's always changing as I use it.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Rufus!!

Postby 2railjon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:16 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Rufus!!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:22 pm

2railjon wrote:Rolling along


I am envious of your freedom of time to get stuff done.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rex desilets
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Re: Rufus!!

Postby rex desilets » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
2railjon wrote:Do you recall the stain that you used for your deck boards?
I like the rustic color!


It's left over MinWax that I dump into a bottle and re-fill randomly - Walnut, Ebony, Ipswitch Pine, Pecan, etc. - and then top off with thinner. It's always changing as I use it.
Brilliant! :)
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Rufus!!

Postby 2railjon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:03 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

.

Postby 2railjon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:19 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Rufus!!

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:21 pm

As always I really enjoy your models Martin. Great job :!:

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Rufus!!

Postby 2railjon » Thu May 03, 2018 10:00 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests