Rufus!!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Rufus!!
2railjon wrote:This caboose is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Thank you
Did you make kits of it for sale?
No..... Pretty much a 1-off item. Hmmmm.......I do have a friend with a laser cutter. Maybe we could put together some short run kits? I'll have to ask him.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Rufus!!
2railjon wrote:Rufus, I would be in for a kit for sure!!![]()
Anyone else??
Looks like I started with that ol' flat car kit of mine,
Probably had it laying about, probably incomplete scavenged parts for whatever and decided that the best way to get rid of it was to build something. I probably have quite a few cars laying about that had similar origins of combined scavenging and salvaging.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Rufus!!
.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Rufus!!
2railjon wrote:“Looks like I started with that ol' flat car kit of mine,![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
”
Well alrighty then!
Let’s get started!![]()
Yup, I see a bundle of coffee stirrer sticks,
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Rufus!!
Do you recall the stain that you used for your deck boards?
I like the rustic color!
I like the rustic color!
Running that red block Charlie.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Rufus!!
2railjon wrote:Do you recall the stain that you used for your deck boards?
I like the rustic color!
It's left over MinWax that I dump into a bottle and re-fill randomly - Walnut, Ebony, Ipswitch Pine, Pecan, etc. - and then top off with thinner. It's always changing as I use it.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Rufus!!
.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Rufus!!
2railjon wrote:Rolling along
I am envious of your freedom of time to get stuff done.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- rex desilets
- Posts: 1786
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm
Re: Rufus!!
Brilliant!Rufus T. Firefly wrote:2railjon wrote:Do you recall the stain that you used for your deck boards?
I like the rustic color!
It's left over MinWax that I dump into a bottle and re-fill randomly - Walnut, Ebony, Ipswitch Pine, Pecan, etc. - and then top off with thinner. It's always changing as I use it.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams
Re: Rufus!!
.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.
- Erik C Lindgren
- Posts: 1307
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Rufus!!
As always I really enjoy your models Martin. Great job 
Re: Rufus!!
.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests