The original Saginaw and early CLW H-10s are really nice IMO. Their frames appear similar to prototype. Loco is so detailed it seemed 40 years ahead of its time. The only one I do not like are the later models with plastic wheels.
I have only one G-5. First I obtained the loco. Then 5 years later I was able to find the cast tender. I have yet to find a Saginaw E-6. I think a very nice Saginaw G-5 sold on eBay in the last year for about $600, too much for me.
PRR 2026
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13653
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: PRR 2026
Here is the almost restored MG M1. I was really pleased with its condition, and found all the parts in my collection to replace the missing stuff.
Still to go - I need better marker lamps, a couple of air lines here and there, and maybe re-orient the smokebox handrail. Obviously the lead truck gets new wheels soon, and the tender will get a rear ladder. It came well lubricated, and runs like a Swiss watch. Not bad for a $330 investment, including tax and shipping.

Still to go - I need better marker lamps, a couple of air lines here and there, and maybe re-orient the smokebox handrail. Obviously the lead truck gets new wheels soon, and the tender will get a rear ladder. It came well lubricated, and runs like a Swiss watch. Not bad for a $330 investment, including tax and shipping.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 134 guests