I was told that KTM got out of the model train business when the KTM/USA hobby experiment failed and started producing brass musical instruments.
This is a condensed history and certainly subject to correction and additions.[/quote)
http://www.ktm-models.co.jp/
Beautiful model, "beautiful" price……..
-
Nortonville Phil
- Posts: 214
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:05 pm
- Location: Red Oak TX
- Contact:
Re: Beautiful model, "beautiful" price……..
Trinity Valley Traction Co.
Texas Midland Railroad
Homewood Shops
Red Oak, TX
My traction blog: Bluebonnet Limited
http://bluebonnetlimited.blogspot.com/
Homewood Shops YouTube:
https://youtube.com/@cug6?si=BCFnDDtUw2eVKamo
Texas Midland Railroad
Homewood Shops
Red Oak, TX
My traction blog: Bluebonnet Limited
http://bluebonnetlimited.blogspot.com/
Homewood Shops YouTube:
https://youtube.com/@cug6?si=BCFnDDtUw2eVKamo
Re: Beautiful model, "beautiful" price……..
Kemtron
http://www.tcawestern.org/kemtron.htm
a lot of familiar names here!
KTM = Katsumi Mokeiten Ltd.
http://www.tcawestern.org/kemtron.htm
a lot of familiar names here!
KTM = Katsumi Mokeiten Ltd.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Beautiful model, "beautiful" price……..
I shall have to read that. Looks like they did a nice job, except no photo credits.
Re: Beautiful model, "beautiful" price……..
Interesting read Rich. Info I'd heard but not as complete as this.
It appears this new KTM is different and not affiliated with the old Katsumi Mokeiten Ltd at all. I looked, but failed to find a history of Katsumi Mokeiten Ltd, but did find where they registered their KTM/USA in 1985 and is now "dead/cancelled" with US Government records, as would be expected. Lots of history lost to time I'm afraid.
It appears this new KTM is different and not affiliated with the old Katsumi Mokeiten Ltd at all. I looked, but failed to find a history of Katsumi Mokeiten Ltd, but did find where they registered their KTM/USA in 1985 and is now "dead/cancelled" with US Government records, as would be expected. Lots of history lost to time I'm afraid.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests