Picture time 11/12/21

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Picture time 11/12/21

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:55 pm

Image

User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:56 pm

Image

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby bob turner » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:50 pm

Nice. I know that country! If I was not so tickled with SoCal, I might be in Raton. I have flown the pass at track level multiple times and on Amtrak once at 10 mph.

User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:25 pm

Image

User avatar
De Bruin
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby De Bruin » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:22 am

Nice looking trains, I'm unfamiliar with the manufacturer of the E units, very nice models did they offer them with B units?
The first photo in particular certainly imparts the sense of speed with the slight blur of the landscape suggesting a panned shot , well done!
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com

User avatar
sarge
Posts: 5138
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Dungfield Manor

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby sarge » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:43 am

If we were to be so presumptuous (and why not? Grin!) as to turn this into a vote your favourite of the three, I’m firmly casting mine for #1. Often, less drama is better. Lovely.

User avatar
Erik C Lindgren
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:55 am

I'm pleased you enjoy it Sarge :D

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby E7 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:08 pm

I'm not a fan of the early E's with those slant pilots, but the scenery in number 2 is amazingly realistic! Put an E7 or E8 out there and it would be prefect!

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby bob turner » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:54 pm

Funny - me too. My interest starts and ends at E7s. Then I go to Alcos and F-M. Still, evocative photos.

User avatar
R.K. Maroon
Posts: 3136
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby R.K. Maroon » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:57 pm

Each to their own. I am an equal-opportunity admirer of all the E-units. As long as the unit at the head-end is historically appropriate for the consist, I'm in.

Erik, you are in league by yourself. My doorstops and I will watch and cheer from the stands.

Jim
The link below any photo will display the image full size

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby bob turner » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:15 pm

It would be horrible if we all liked only the same things. There are not enough redheads to go around - good thing I like Greeks.

I think the DL-109 and those feathered Lehigh Valley Pacifics are atrocities, and the weird commuter trains now running out of Portland, Oregon, belong in a museum of the absolute ugliest creations of mankind ever, but others love them.

User avatar
sarge
Posts: 5138
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Dungfield Manor

Re: Picture time 11/12/21

Postby sarge » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:09 pm

It would be boring, yes.

I personally love a PA and found green NH DL-109s to be elegant, almost delicate in their appearance. Love ‘em both as well as a slant-nose E; I remember them on L&N as a kid visiting my mother’s family.

I don’t know why but (heresy, I know) the EMD bulldog nose really never excited me. Now, a bunch of NYC FA’s, even mixed with RS-3s, bellowing up to the summit of the Berkshires was a sight and sound to excite the soul!


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests