SC tank car frame
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
SC tank car frame
I have a tank with handrails. I have trucks (lots of them!) and couplers....but no frame.
Anybody have one in their junk pile?
Thanks
Anybody have one in their junk pile?
Thanks
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: SC tank car frame
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: SC tank car frame
I have several full frames by other manufacturers. I might just drill for existing tank holes and use one of them for now. Thanks.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: SC tank car frame
Somewhere I have a tank car with a Scale Craft underframe. What kind of underframes do you have?
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: SC tank car frame
I'll have to get photos. Both cast, different coupler mounts, one with brass running boards, one no running boards.
Dave....gone by invitation
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: SC tank car frame
Now, this is interesting. Oddly so.
Woody and I occupied the same general geographic area for decades. And decades.
And we both hung around others of the 2-rail 0 persuasion.
So tonight, I was digging around in a bo of tank car bits. One may even be a Thomas. One wood.
And in the bottom of the box....grass beaded already..is a SC tank car frame, and the holes for the tank line up.
Did Woody give it to me years ago (and my access to a bead blaster went away years ago), or did he give it to Garberson, who gave it to me?
Who knows.
Now to dig out decals, put color on tank and frame......
Woody and I occupied the same general geographic area for decades. And decades.
And we both hung around others of the 2-rail 0 persuasion.
So tonight, I was digging around in a bo of tank car bits. One may even be a Thomas. One wood.
And in the bottom of the box....grass beaded already..is a SC tank car frame, and the holes for the tank line up.
Did Woody give it to me years ago (and my access to a bead blaster went away years ago), or did he give it to Garberson, who gave it to me?
Who knows.
Now to dig out decals, put color on tank and frame......
Dave....gone by invitation
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: SC tank car frame
Finally had some time to dig out parts.
Kingpins in, SC freight trucks mounted. Tank on frame.
Couplers next, then decide on decals and paint. I do want silver tank, so need black decals.
While digging around, found another SC car...a Baby Ruth reefer. No trucks, whacked coupler boxes...but I have dozes of pairs ...and a couple of spare un-whacked frames....but on the bottom of the unpainted floor...says "AL ELLIS". I have how many of those cars? Three? Four?
Kingpins in, SC freight trucks mounted. Tank on frame.
Couplers next, then decide on decals and paint. I do want silver tank, so need black decals.
While digging around, found another SC car...a Baby Ruth reefer. No trucks, whacked coupler boxes...but I have dozes of pairs ...and a couple of spare un-whacked frames....but on the bottom of the unpainted floor...says "AL ELLIS". I have how many of those cars? Three? Four?
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: SC tank car frame
Photos, please.
Bob Anson will do black decals for you. What road name or owner name?
Bob Anson will do black decals for you. What road name or owner name?
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: SC tank car frame
Thinking Texaco or Shell, but I have to dig out my catalogs to see what is best...and scan so the decals look sorta like original.
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: SC tank car frame
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: SC tank car frame
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:ScaleCraft wrote:I do want silver tank...
What are you using for paint?
Toss up, silver or aluminum rattle can. Frame's done in black.
Sorta like this, and I like the bottom 1/3 of the tank black.

Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: SC tank car frame
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: SC tank car frame
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 48 guests