Shxt

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Shxt

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:48 pm

Which is interesting regarding FedUp:
The manager said there is NO category for trains, model or otherwise, read the definition of "collectibles" off his cheat sheet, and they do not qualify.
They were listed as "toys" for the shipment. Only thing close.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42166
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Shxt

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:Which is interesting regarding FedUp:
The manager said there is NO category for trains, model or otherwise, read the definition of "collectibles" off his cheat sheet, and they do not qualify.
They were listed as "toys" for the shipment. Only thing close.


Yes, and every time they find a way............and that's what I've been invariably by everyone that's had to file a claim. But you know, it's not my stuff so not my problem either; not my circus; no my monkeys. Go on and have fun.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

bob turner
Posts: 13649
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Shxt

Postby bob turner » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:33 pm

I have only had one claim - a long time ago. They made it good - paid me for my labor to fix it.

I had a friend, now long gone, who fancied himself a custom locomotive builder. He claimed damage on about 60% of his shipments. Most of that was faulty workmanship on his part. They finally put his name in the "do not insure" pile.

I always insure. I never have damage. I am confident that when I do, if I can prove it was their fault, they will cough up the required $

I never have claims in auto or aircraft insurance either. But I am very careful to read the fine print and operate accordingly. Otherwise, why waste $ on insurance?

herronpeter
Posts: 748
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Re: Shxt

Postby herronpeter » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:59 pm

I give up. What is this thread about? Shxt must mean something to you guys. Help me out, please.

Peter

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Shxt

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:24 pm

used to have board censor software. "x" is a wild card. In this case, replace with "i".
Another workaround was spelling. Carp for the same letters rearranged.
I think the censor went away when Bill died. Old habits die hard, eye guess.
Of course, we could use phuque.
Dave....gone by invitation

bob turner
Posts: 13649
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Shxt

Postby bob turner » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:15 pm

Fortunately, here a thread need not be "about" anything. For rigid thread control you need to go to OGR.

Chris Webster
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Shxt

Postby Chris Webster » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:58 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:used to have board censor software. "x" is a wild card. In this case, replace with "i"


I figured that part out, but I have no idea what auction(s) you are talking about.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Shxt

Postby E7 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:22 pm

The late Woody Matthews.......and there must have been a real pile of shxt.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Shxt

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:59 pm

Oh, there was some good stuff there. You just couldn't find it.
So many engines with chassis gone, broken freight trucks, missing rods, screws, motors, gearboxes....box lids did not adequately describe contents..."mint" means something entirely different to that auction house than my understanding.
And since no one was allowed to lift the lids and look....nobody knew.
Dave....gone by invitation

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Shxt

Postby E7 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Sounds like time to go home.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Shxt

Postby E7 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:31 am

ScaleCraft wrote:Oh, there was some good stuff there. You just couldn't find it.


I wasn't implying that it was all shxt, just that there was a shxt load of it. :lol:

herronpeter
Posts: 748
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Re: Shxt

Postby herronpeter » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:22 am

What Chris said but I did not figure out the cleverly disguised "bad word"!

Peter

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Shxt

Postby E7 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:01 pm

herronpeter wrote:What Chris said but I did not figure out the cleverly disguised "bad word"!

Peter


Peter, Do a mock up:

SH_T

the possibilities are A E I O U

What jumps out at you? :mrgreen:

J. S. Bach
Posts: 5820
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm

Re: Shxt

Postby J. S. Bach » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:35 pm

In this day and age, the "O"! :mrgreen:

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Shxt

Postby E7 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:51 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:In this day and age, the "O"! :mrgreen:


You've been watchin' too much news! :shock:


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests