https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Two-Ra ... 3058944819
Gilmaur U-boat kit...no trucks or sideframes or gearboxes or motors.
Is that etched brass?
Can't imagine trying to solder that and keep the solder out of the etched details...
For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon
I wish I had the resistance soldiering skills to take one of these on. Yeah thin etched brass that requires some internal cross bracing to boot.
I especially like the Gilmaur SW-1500 kit too.
I especially like the Gilmaur SW-1500 kit too.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon
Those kits generally sell quite well. I suspect that what's holding this one back is a lack of surety on completeness.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon
ScaleCraft wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Two-Rail-Brass-Gilmaur-U33C-U36C-Diesel-Locomotive-Kit-596785/393058944819
Gilmaur U-boat kit...no trucks or sideframes or gearboxes or motors.
FYI, 108spoplar is reselling many of the items that bought at the December 10 Stout Auction of Stephen Neill's collection. Stout sold a Pair Of Gilmaur O Scale Two Rail Brass Pair Of U33C / U36C Diesel Locomotive Kits for $180, *plus* buyer's premium, taxes and shipping. I just don't see how 108spoplar will be making any money by reselling one of them for $99.
De Bruin wrote:I especially like the Gilmaur SW-1500 kit too.
Stout sold one of those (Gilmaur O Scale Brass SW1500 Switcher Kit) for $325, *plus* buyer's premium, taxes and shipping.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon
Chris Webster wrote: I just don't see how 108spoplar will be making any money by reselling one of them for $99.
Hard to understand what goes on in the minds of some sellers, and all too frequently not worth the effort necessary either.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests
