Thirty two hundred bucks and needs repairs! What am I missing? I’m used to having to do some minor repairs when I buy something but not for 3K plus!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164554144690
Peter
This seems wrong.......
-
herronpeter
- Posts: 748
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
- Location: Clifton Park, NY
Re: This seems wrong.......
Agreed, while I'm not a high end brass collector etc. and though I know quite a few who are and yes Key models are REALLY good,
not this good.
I'd be interested in seeing how Bill Davis would price this on his site, or a savvy collector would put it up for on -Yard Sale or Fee-Bay.
My opinion only.
not this good.
I'd be interested in seeing how Bill Davis would price this on his site, or a savvy collector would put it up for on -Yard Sale or Fee-Bay.
My opinion only.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: This seems wrong.......
From an estate and probably overpaid for it so now is listing it in the stratosphere.
Does have some interesting freight cars listed but no bargains there either.
Does have some interesting freight cars listed but no bargains there either.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
herronpeter
- Posts: 748
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
- Location: Clifton Park, NY
Re: This seems wrong.......
Knowing Bill Davis as I do, he would repair the drawbar prior to selling it. No idea what he might ask but he usually lets the market and desire set the price. I don’t recall seeing this model locomotive before so it just might qualify fo rare! Thirty two hundred still seems high!
Peter
Peter
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: This seems wrong.......
herronpeter wrote:Thirty two hundred bucks and needs repairs! What am I missing?
You are overlooking the "Make Offer" option
My experience has been that items listed with the "Make Offer" option do not sell for anywhere near the buy-it-now price.
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: This seems wrong.......
herronpeter wrote:I don’t recall seeing this model locomotive before so it just might qualify fo rare!
Sunset NYC pacifics seem to show up for sale all the time, but like you, I can't recall ever seeing a Key NYC pacific before.
The seller (Jonster6) also has a Precision NYC F-12e (Walscherts valve gear) 4-6-0 for sale. Last week, I would have told you those were rare, but this week there are two of them listed on ebay. Jonster6's is listed for $1,595, but if you put it on your watch list then ebay should send you an offer to sell it to you for $1,549 -- at least ebay did that for me. PreciousKarl has another one listed for $1,495.95, also with a make offer option.Rufus T. Firefly wrote:From an estate and probably overpaid for it so now is listing it in the stratosphere.
Does have some interesting freight cars listed but no bargains there either.
TrainZ has a NYC F-12a (Baker valve gear) 4-6-0 listed for $1,040.39 buy-it-now only.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: This seems wrong.......
Chris Webster wrote:Last week, I would have told you those were rare, but this week there are two of them listed on ebay.
Being patient reduces rarity over time.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: This seems wrong.......
Didn't any of you guys ever go on a fishing trip? 
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: This seems wrong.......
E7 wrote:Didn't any of you guys ever go on a fishing trip?
Patience, like reading comprehension and rational thought, is declining..........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: This seems wrong.......
Same seller has this on Yardsale for $2500, which sounds high, reading into the feedback here. I know nothing of NYC.
Re: This seems wrong.......
Did you see his other items. $50.00 for a junk lot of track. His sold items show he is able to get $500. for a trash can. 
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests
