I've never seen one of these for sale.

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

I've never seen one of these for sale.

Postby up148 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:49 am


E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Postby E7 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:36 am

I've never seen one of them decorated for UP, but I'm fairly sure Overland made a version. I don't recall if they were powered or not. They never particularly appealed to me (the old beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing) so I don't remember that much about them. I don't recall ever seeing one in other than bare brass. I think the rule of thumb is, they're ubiquitous until you want to buy one! :lol: :lol: :lol: There was a name attached to the model (the type/maker name of the plow), but being a victim of CRS, I don't have a clue what it was! I think OMI called them Jordan spreaders.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:54 am

Looks like a tricked out and rebuilt IMP product.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Postby ScaleCraft » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:20 pm

Surprised to see it powered. Usually (in fact, every one I've ever seen or researched) has been a shove platform.
Also, you don't see railroads often place name, logos, all that on surfaces subject to abrasion, like snow, fallen trees, ballast.
I really like the wiring job. Geez. Didn't even try to insulate the joint, and it appears no solder, either.
Field-wound motor. See last two photos. Not seeing a rectumfrier. Or a hand reverse.

Coupler on the "back".....no bracing, no beam, just the coupler box attached to the vertical sheet, right in the middle.
Good thing not much chance of actually plowing snow in 0.

The side door and side cupola windows look like afterthoughts....sort of like those toy friction automobiles out of Japan.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:39 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:The side door and side cupola windows look like afterthoughts....sort of like those toy friction automobiles out of Japan.


Hence my thinking it may have started out as an IMP product.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Postby up148 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:06 pm

My thoughts were the drive dates it as very early something.

Dennis Holler
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Postby Dennis Holler » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:01 pm

Looks like it is already sold... I feel like I've seen something like that on the bay before, maybe in kit form and poorly assembled.
Doorstop Rookie


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 73 guests