Huh!

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
herronpeter
Posts: 748
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Huh!

Postby herronpeter » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:11 pm


User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Huh!

Postby ScaleCraft » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:25 pm

I THINK I put that up a while back. Five bucks at the door for "curiosity" purposes.
One wonders (aloud) where Trainz gets this shXt.
There is NO redeeming social value to this. Unless you MUST have that metal chain drive, vertical motor power truck.
Don't even know it it's a field wound motor with a rectumfrier or a permag.
I suppose one could salvage couplers and all those brass screws holding it together, right?

Stacks look like those knobs on the end of your window blind cords. Radiator looks like window screen.
But it's got windscreen wipers!

Are those traction pilot beams with radial coupler slots?
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Huh!

Postby rogruth » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:03 pm

Strange!
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

herronpeter
Posts: 748
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Re: Huh!

Postby herronpeter » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 am

It looks like a caricature of an SW locomotive! Where they find this stuff is a mystery as deep as why they try to sell it! Hey, an old used car salesman told me "for every seat, there’s an *** out there somewhere"!

Peter

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Huh!

Postby E7 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:19 am

herronpeter wrote:It looks like a caricature of an SW locomotive! Where they find this stuff is a mystery as deep as why they try to sell it! Hey, an old used car salesman told me "for every seat, there’s an *** out there somewhere"!

Peter


It reminds me of the old American Flyer Alcos which always looked to be loo long and/or too narrow, like if you changed one dimension or the other it would look correct. In the one image you can see dings and scrapes under the new paint. If AF ever did that style of switcher, that may be the origin of this attempt to dislodge $$$$$ from some poor Schmuck.

LarryK
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Huh!

Postby LarryK » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Looks like someone did a hot rod conversion lowering the cab
No Comment!

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Huh!

Postby E7 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:17 pm

LarryK wrote:Looks like someone did a hot rod conversion lowering the cab


Like some of the old New York Central crummies. I never could "get with" their look.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Huh!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:27 am

ScaleCraft wrote:I THINK I put that up a while back.


You or someone else did. Proportions on it are........."odd".
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Huh!

Postby rogruth » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:07 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
ScaleCraft wrote:I THINK I put that up a while back.


You or someone else did. Proportions on it are........."odd".

Yes they are.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Dennis Holler
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Huh!

Postby Dennis Holler » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:47 pm

Looks like maybe the Hawk or Walthers wood and cardboard switcher but with some freight car trucks under it lol. I might have one even uglier than that!
Doorstop Rookie


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests