Panic!

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Panic!

Postby bob turner » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Even the distilled water would leach out the pcbs. What I want to know is why the designer water doesn't.

Least of my worries - my nose misses my fingers. Got gas today, and forgot the gloves. Good thing I had alcohol to clean the pickers.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Panic!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:53 am

bob turner wrote:Even the distilled water would leach out the pcbs. What I want to know is why the designer water doesn't.


It does, if this is really something that actually happens - pcbs? Really? I still don't get that connection. :roll: :roll:

Least of my worries - my nose misses my fingers. Got gas today, and forgot the gloves. Good thing I had alcohol to clean the pickers.


You could use the gas to clean the fingers and get added benefits, :wink: :wink:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Panic!

Postby bob turner » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:58 pm

More panic - they locked the March Meet thread because too many folks explained why they didn’t go.

Not sure, but I think our governor just locked us down. If I go to the airport to fly my Cub will I be arrested, or worse, shunned? I touch no doorknobs.

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Panic!

Postby E7 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm

bob turner wrote:More panic - they locked the March Meet thread because too many folks explained why they didn’t go.


A new level of stupidity.

bob turner wrote:Not sure, but I think our governor just locked us down. If I go to the airport to fly my Cub will I be arrested, or worse, shunned? I touch no doorknobs.]


I looked at a color coded map of the US showing the states with the highest incidences of the virus. Washington state and New York looked to be worst, with California a shade lighter red. It was a bit difficult to read because of the many different shades of red, but I think I got it correct. If you're smart you'll stay at home or you might not need that cub to fly!!!!!

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Panic!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:02 pm

E7 wrote:
bob turner wrote:More panic - they locked the March Meet thread because too many folks explained why they didn’t go.


A new level of stupidity.


Indeed, just another sad demonstration of how fearful they are there of letting folks actually communicate - thing is, they say it was because it was about talking about the virus, but in fact there was almost no posting about the virus itself, just that it impacted their attending. Another knee-jerk small minded reactionary behavior from a bunch of fecking numpties.

bob turner wrote:Not sure, but I think our governor just locked us down. If I go to the airport to fly my Cub will I be arrested, or worse, shunned? I touch no doorknobs.]


Arrested? Possibly....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Panic!

Postby E7 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Another interesting tidbit, there was a gap of 18 hours between the last post and when the thread was shut down by the moderator.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Panic!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:53 pm

E7 wrote:Another interesting tidbit, there was a gap of 18 hours between the last post and when the thread was shut down by the moderator.


Slow reader.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Panic!

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Whatrethey gonna do now that the entire state of California is locked down?
https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except ... ial-needs/
Dave....gone by invitation

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Panic!

Postby bob turner » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 pm

There is a loophole - you can run, take walks, walk the dog, etc. Flying is lots less risky from the standpoint of transmitting disease than is walking a dog. 26 landings and some paint prep. Got no closer than six feet to anyone; only saw four people on the ramp.

Now it's back to the Dockside and the sides for the Y1 projects.

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Panic!

Postby Chris Webster » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:48 pm

A TrainZ auction for a brass covered hopper that sold for 99 cents: Ebay #392725997116

I presume it went for so little because us local guys aren't willing to do in-person pickups right now.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Panic!

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Boy, that's rough. Less than a buck is good. One side ladder missing, the other (end with truck attached) ladder mangled, roof bent.
One stirrup missing, one truck loose, I see the holes to screw the bolster in, not sure if the bolster is there.
One of the long grabs missing. About every vertical support bent some way or another.
Nice.
Dave....gone by invitation

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Panic!

Postby E7 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:34 am

I think the "6" condition rating might have been optimistic. The one and only bidder bid against (himself/herself at the end. No Thanks.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Panic!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am

Maybe, but nothing to panic about, :roll:

Looks like a few hours of effort at most and it's back to reasonably decent for on a layout. And, both bolsters are there.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Panic!

Postby Chris Webster » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:25 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:Boy, that's rough.


I've actually bought rougher looking cars. I refer to them as 2 bucks 4 da trucks. :D

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Looks like a few hours of effort at most and it's back to reasonably decent for on a layout. And, both bolsters are there.

That's of why I considered bidding, but being home has helped me realize that I already have too many "few hours of effort at most" projects to get done.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Panic!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Chris Webster wrote:That's of why I considered bidding, but being home has helped me realize that I already have too many "few hours of effort at most" projects to get done.


I've been whittling away at that stack of projects and resisting as best as possible on the input function. Been pretty successful this year with 1 exception that I have real use for as fodder for writing.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 98 guests