Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
- R.K. Maroon
- Posts: 3136
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
Well, it would be nice to have an hour to kill on that video, but, alas, I don't.
Jim
Jim
The link below any photo will display the image full size
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
James May is a former host of the original (UK version) Top Gear television program. He now does a show titled Top Toys.
In the episode I posted above, May led a group that laid two parallel lines of HO/OO scale model train track outside on a rail-trail between two towns that are 10 miles apart. Then he had an English team and a German team (from the Minatur Wunderland) race 8 OO-scale trains the entire 10 miles between the towns. Each team had a classic steam train, a modern diesel train, a futuristic train and a backup futuristic train.
This was the second time May had attempted to run an OO-scale train between the two towns. I believe the first attempt was covered on an earlier episode of the program, but I have not seen that episode.
In the episode I posted above, May led a group that laid two parallel lines of HO/OO scale model train track outside on a rail-trail between two towns that are 10 miles apart. Then he had an English team and a German team (from the Minatur Wunderland) race 8 OO-scale trains the entire 10 miles between the towns. Each team had a classic steam train, a modern diesel train, a futuristic train and a backup futuristic train.
This was the second time May had attempted to run an OO-scale train between the two towns. I believe the first attempt was covered on an earlier episode of the program, but I have not seen that episode.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
Pretty sure that this is all several years ago?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
Great stuff Chris! A load of laughs.
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Pretty sure that this is all several years ago?
Said 2011!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
E7 wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Pretty sure that this is all several years ago?
Said 2011!
I thought a lot of the shows had crossed the pages of MTJ somewhere, somewhen.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
I watched a few minutes and got bored with all of the stoppages/derailments.
Maybe if you were there. Might have been more fun with Monty Python.
Maybe if you were there. Might have been more fun with Monty Python.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
-
ogauge47
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
James May is great, probably my favorite of the three Top Gear/Grand Tour presenters. I worked on the production crew for The Grand Tour when they filmed in Detroit in 2018. They all seemed very easy to work with.
Re: Episode of James May's Top Toys with OO gauge content
The Top Gear shows were a lot of fun, I thought.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests