Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Postby 2railjon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 pm

I got a chance to convert this to 2 Rail today. I don’t think the MR ever had them on their railroad as it looks like a Pennsy R50B in MR colors. But the detail is awesome as is the paint.
Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by 2railjon on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Postby ScaleCraft » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:15 pm

?
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Postby ScaleCraft » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 pm

2railjon wrote:I got a chance to convert this to 2 Rail today. I don’t think the MR ever had them on their railroad as it looks like a Pennsy R50B in MR colors. But the detail is awesome as is the paint.
Image

Image

Image


tried copying the individual links an searching....nothing there.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Postby 2railjon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 pm

I’d also really love to find an MR heat tender. They were used by electrics to provide steam generated heat to passenger cars. Most were modified tenders. Only one I know of produced in O Scale brass:
Image

Some heat tenders were also modified reefers.
Image
Running that red block Charlie.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Postby bob turner » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:42 pm

"Someday" I shall make a GN car like Pete did. I already have the pair of electrics in GN colors, and some coaches.

User avatar
R.K. Maroon
Posts: 3136
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Postby R.K. Maroon » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm

Here is the steam generator car that Bob is referring to:

Image

I may have posted this photo before, but if so the thread is long gone. My brother Pete did a major kitbash to produce this car, which was used on the Cascade Tunnel electrified division for the Empire Builder and Western Star (and maybe the Fast Mail?). I consider it the crown jewel of my 1949 Empire Builder, which can be seen here in this 2013 video, also posted here before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6UArvAZEOk

Jim
The link below any photo will display the image full size


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 98 guests