LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Postby 2railjon » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:25 pm

VIDEO:
https://youtu.be/Xo6xX7L7_FQ


Bought a roll of 12 volt LEDs.
Image

Added some bridge rectifiers to keep DC polarity when reversing track power.
Image
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
De Bruin
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Postby De Bruin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 pm

Oh Damn! I've got to get some of those light strips for my "Clocker" now.
Well done sir, I sure know what you're dealing with there with those Weaver extruded cars, they can feel like a ship in a bottle.. :wink:
Your mpg shows off the scenery well too, that cantenary looks great.
Wow.
Pete
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Postby 2railjon » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:51 am

Thanks, Pete!
I bought the roll on EBay. You can cut to length and it has an adhesive back.
Image

Image

I wish I could motivated to finish the catenary!!
Running that red block Charlie.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Postby E7 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:38 am

Jon,

Almost as good as sliced bread! :mrgreen:


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dennis Holler and 63 guests