https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vi ... t-n1061161
Outside of Hartford. Collings Foundation. Probably Nine-O-Nine.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/02/world-war ... t-airport/
one less fortress
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
one less fortress
Dave....gone by invitation
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: one less fortress
That's awful.
I ocassionally get to see B-17s fly over my house when they participate in airshows at PDK airport.
I ocassionally get to see B-17s fly over my house when they participate in airshows at PDK airport.
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: one less fortress
I figured as time progressed dead/injury stats would become more focused. First reports, six injured, one burned. One report thought two dead.
I've flown in a 17. Sad.
I've flown in a 17. Sad.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: one less fortress
Another Courant article, from Monday:
Five World War II aircraft to arrive at Bradley Airport on Monday
(The reporter who wrote that story is one of the organizers of the annual New England/Northeast Railroad Prototype Modelers Meet.)
Five World War II aircraft to arrive at Bradley Airport on Monday
(The reporter who wrote that story is one of the organizers of the annual New England/Northeast Railroad Prototype Modelers Meet.)
Re: one less fortress
Very sorry to hear this, especially in view of the casualties. The Collins Foundation tour was supposed to reach our airport next weekend...I suspect this will preclude that. Thoughts are with these guys.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: one less fortress
Last one I flew in was a Collings Group B-17, but it was really Aluminum Overcast. I think.
Their 17 was down for serious maintenance (maybe that was the belly landing issue...can't remember...or a baggage cart) and they pulled one out of a museum with a bad motor, swapped one of theirs in for the tour.
Had to have been close to 20 years ago now. Details.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-O-Nine
1987 was the biggest before today. Again in 1995 in Norfolk, Nebraska.
Read that link....and three Atomic Tests with a 13-year cool down period...........
Their 17 was down for serious maintenance (maybe that was the belly landing issue...can't remember...or a baggage cart) and they pulled one out of a museum with a bad motor, swapped one of theirs in for the tour.
Had to have been close to 20 years ago now. Details.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-O-Nine
1987 was the biggest before today. Again in 1995 in Norfolk, Nebraska.
Read that link....and three Atomic Tests with a 13-year cool down period...........
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: one less fortress
ScaleCraft wrote:...and three Atomic Tests with a 13-year cool down period...........
Seems short.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: one less fortress
Yeah, having dealt with reactors and such in a previous life, I agree.
But, if it's on the interweb, has t be right.
I imagine a secure desert facility, every six months guys in white anti-contaminant suits of some sort run their hand held geiger counters all over it until The Government says it's safe.
But, if it's on the interweb, has t be right.
I imagine a secure desert facility, every six months guys in white anti-contaminant suits of some sort run their hand held geiger counters all over it until The Government says it's safe.
Dave....gone by invitation
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 80 guests