And the price of brass continues to grow...

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Image
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Well I do not like the way ebay does things either (unfortunately they do not consult me for my opinions) and there was no easy way to remove the listings which it even told me I would be charged, (years ago you are right it could have been removed easily at no cost, which unfortunately the world does not stand still except in o scale brass imports) so it would have been an extra $320+ on something already paid to them once. Yes there was still a chance of a boy genius bidding on it at 5k (higher chance of a brilliant forumite from here) but that could have easily been cancelled, tried to do it the easiest way so most “normal thinking individuals” would not bid and understand, however I have been proved you cannot do much of anything without someone having a better answer for how you should accomplish it in the O scale world... especially here. It amazes me with the vast knowledge that so many have here, that they spend all day and night critiquing everything, seriously if i had all the answers most do here wow I’d be so rich I’d burn any bill under a $100. Thing I can’t understand is why not use this vast business knowledge they have and buy something like northwest shortline and help the o scale community rather than piss in the cheerios of others that do. While most of you sit here with one finger in nose and other hen pecking the keyboard late at night trying to figure out the next funny way to bash someone, i am out in the shop castings or painting til 1-2 in morning after putting in 10-12 hours in my main businesses, so then you guys wonder why people get pissed off when they read smug crap written here. Like i said if it was so important to know anyone could have clicked the ask seller a question on ebay and would have told you, but it wouldn’t have been such a gut buster to post here then. Then like i said before scratch heads why the hobby is in the shape it is like the poll in OSR. Shocking!?!? Yes I have regrets even buying the businesses I have to help this community...not for the work involved in late nights, but the way people act, talk to you, copy your products and find a way to smear you for the simplest thing where most of the time they are wrong and later apologize to me but not fix what they did online.

The car was built to be sold, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the way I want a car. In fact my daily go to driver in muscle car is my 67 427/425HP bone stock corvette. Again like my weathering when you are doing things for profit, you build and do things for the masses and thats the style people pay for currently, had i built it a bone stock Chevelle like 2railjon showed, it would have topped in the 60-80’s. The pictures are just the car without air in the airbags, it actually rides same height or even higher than a stock Chevelle... so you dont Need the lowrider song on radio, in fact i preferred the exhaust sounds from the 572ci 720HP crate motor it has.

Image
Running that red block Charlie.

Chris Rock
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:08 pm
Location: United States

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby Chris Rock » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:58 pm

My question: Does the $5,000 SP engine come with the dishtowel. I like it.

ScaleCityDesigns looks like it has some great stuff, too, so I think just roll with it.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Chris Rock wrote:My question: Does the $5,000 SP engine come with the dishtowel. I like it.


Well, you've got to know where your towel is at, :wink: :wink:

ScaleCityDesigns looks like it has some great stuff, too, so I think just roll with it.


Indeed, and I would like to buy more.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

smartestmanonearth
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby smartestmanonearth » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:29 pm

2railjon wrote:
Well I do not like the way ebay does things either (unfortunately they do not consult me for my opinions) and there was no easy way to remove the listings which it even told me I would be charged, (years ago you are right it could have been removed easily at no cost, which unfortunately the world does not stand still except in o scale brass imports) so it would have been an extra $320+ on something already paid to them once. Yes there was still a chance of a boy genius bidding on it at 5k (higher chance of a brilliant forumite from here) but that could have easily been cancelled, tried to do it the easiest way so most “normal thinking individuals” would not bid and understand, however I have been proved you cannot do much of anything without someone having a better answer for how you should accomplish it in the O scale world... especially here. It amazes me with the vast knowledge that so many have here, that they spend all day and night critiquing everything, seriously if i had all the answers most do here wow I’d be so rich I’d burn any bill under a $100. Thing I can’t understand is why not use this vast business knowledge they have and buy something like northwest shortline and help the o scale community rather than piss in the cheerios of others that do. While most of you sit here with one finger in nose and other hen pecking the keyboard late at night trying to figure out the next funny way to bash someone, i am out in the shop castings or painting til 1-2 in morning after putting in 10-12 hours in my main businesses, so then you guys wonder why people get pissed off when they read smug crap written here. Like i said if it was so important to know anyone could have clicked the ask seller a question on ebay and would have told you, but it wouldn’t have been such a gut buster to post here then. Then like i said before scratch heads why the hobby is in the shape it is like the poll in OSR. Shocking!?!? Yes I have regrets even buying the businesses I have to help this community...not for the work involved in late nights, but the way people act, talk to you, copy your products and find a way to smear you for the simplest thing where most of the time they are wrong and later apologize to me but not fix what they did online.

The car was built to be sold, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the way I want a car. In fact my daily go to driver in muscle car is my 67 427/425HP bone stock corvette. Again like my weathering when you are doing things for profit, you build and do things for the masses and thats the style people pay for currently, had i built it a bone stock Chevelle like 2railjon showed, it would have topped in the 60-80’s. The pictures are just the car without air in the airbags, it actually rides same height or even higher than a stock Chevelle... so you dont Need the lowrider song on radio, in fact i preferred the exhaust sounds from the 572ci 720HP crate motor it has.

Image


Honestly don’t care if you do. Your opinion means very little to me. Funny how you brought yourself into a conversation that you were not part of in the get go. Must be bored down there in Mississippi. You know you read it anyway.

smartestmanonearth
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby smartestmanonearth » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Chris Rock wrote:My question: Does the $5,000 SP engine come with the dishtowel. I like it.


Well, you've got to know where your towel is at, :wink: :wink:

ScaleCityDesigns looks like it has some great stuff, too, so I think just roll with it.


Indeed, and I would like to buy more.


Well then you should get your orders in for what you want because I am seriously considering pulling the plug on it very shortly. I have had enough with the crap I read all the time on this forum and others as well as the copying of my products and designs for personal use or for profit, whining about prices which never raised since 2011 catalog when previous owner had it except to round everything up to nearest dollar which was about 5 cents. I can see exactly why O scale is dying.

I’ll send you the official notice when its done so you can give people last chance to get their items. If you want to post in your magazine.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 pm

You have mail.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby rogruth » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 pm

I don't know who the "smarteatmanonearth" is but I know it is not me.
"smoe" sounds like a dealer of some sort who is not happy with his business.
My guess is that Dale Carnegie's old book is not selling much these days.
Too bad.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

smartestmanonearth
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby smartestmanonearth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:29 am

rogruth wrote:I don't know who the "smarteatmanonearth" is but I know it is not me.
"smoe" sounds like a dealer of some sort who is not happy with his business.
My guess is that Dale Carnegie's old book is not selling much these days.
Too bad.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Unbelievable you read this and thats what you come up with... comprehension is unbelievable....

Couldn’t be further from the case...

The business is rock solid and we do more business in less than a month than previous owners did in a year...

Its the copying of designs, complaining about prices which only increased 5 cents in 8 years absorbing increases in metal multiple times, constant complaining about $3.39 to $7.95 to ship orders. Which we didn’t raise and absorbed 2 postal rate increases. Seeing the crap posted all the time demeaning every company who trys keeping them alive for the o scale market. Just like the crap started here about my sale of brass engines which had nothing to do with any of you.

Thats the thing in this hobby if you don’t know the answer just make it up and post it for the masses to follow.

I’ve done quite fine in business and know how to be successful, sold an exhaust company I started to a billion dollar company. The other automotive business which we still run today has been going strong and just celebrated 104 years last feb. This detail business was only taken on because of being in the hobby and keeping it alive, hence the reason we didn't jack up prices etc...

So as I read your stupid remark about not knowing business I will again laugh

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Enjoyed your comical comment.

Amazing how it went from a week ago scratching heads how i sold a 1k engine for 5k. To now not knowing how to do business... :shock:

LarryK
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby LarryK » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:35 am

wow, just wow.
No Comment!

smartestmanonearth
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby smartestmanonearth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43 am

LarryK wrote:wow, just wow.


Right, my thoughts exactly. Guys talk crap about everyone on here for years, then someone actually calls them out and he is the bad guy...

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby rogruth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:55 am

Well "smart", you surely know how to win friends and influence people.
Oh, you probably aren't concerned with that.
Try to have some fun.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:57 am

smartestmanonearth wrote:I can see exactly why O scale is dying.

I’ll send you the official notice when its done so you can give people last chance to get their items. If you want to post in your magazine.


So can I. So let me know how I can order the parts that I want to get from you when you get the time.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

smartestmanonearth
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby smartestmanonearth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:05 am

rogruth wrote:Well "smart", you surely know how to win friends and influence people.
Oh, you probably aren't concerned with that.
Try to have some fun.


So all the crap started about me on the post was friendly and to influence others? I simply defended myself from the attacks and responded how I felt and gave everyone the reason why they were sold and prices increased which should have been common sense anyway.

Have plenty of true friends. Been nothing but nice to everyone at shows and helping them and i see post like this... these are true friends??? Talk nice to you at a show then get on the internet and post like what was started here with my stupid auctions bashing my weathering etc... thats friends... wow. Didn’t realize how lucky i am to have friends like that.

smartestmanonearth
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby smartestmanonearth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:07 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
smartestmanonearth wrote:I can see exactly why O scale is dying.

I’ll send you the official notice when its done so you can give people last chance to get their items. If you want to post in your magazine.


So can I. So let me know how I can order the parts that I want to get from you when you get the time.


You have a response in your inbox... resent directly to your email, the reply to the message through this system failed and didn't notice til this morning

Thanks


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests