Jay
And the price of brass continues to grow...
-
Jay Criswell
- Posts: 2003
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
FWIW, my comments have nothing to do with his offerings, shoot, if he can get 5 Large for a $1000 model more power to him. My issue is me, I really can't figure out what's going on with the listing. Is he offering it or just letting us know he sold it for 5G, away from ebay. None of this is probably worth more the 5 seconds of pondering the possibilities. Again, it's on me. Shoot, if I had Mr. Firefly's money, I'd bid on it just to see what happens.
Jay
Jay
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
smartestmanonearth
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
Wow, with all the knowledge the select few of you have and know the answers to questions not even asked and you cannot figure out my simple transaction.
Not that its any of your business but i dont want to leave you all pondering your navals for too long so they do not go raw and so some of you can actually get back to work on your inherited model companies rather than worrying about boring me...
Anyway... they did not sell for 5k each obviously. I had a customer want to buy all 4 models... so i made a special listing with a discount price so he could buy them and could calculate the international shipping directly to him rather than global shipping which was trying to charge 4x what it actually cost and couldn’t be removed. So it was listed and he bought. That leaves me to try and remove the auction... sure but when you close an ebay ad ebay charges you the final value fee for ended auctions not sold. So since I already paid them their 8% for the combined one I didnt feel it was necessary to pay them again for the same transaction, so jacking up the price to deter bidding was the option i chose since i am not as wealthy as all you experts on this forum to pay the fees a second time. placing the words sold again was to deter bidding. So no I didn’t sell outside ebay, or 5k each, and didnt rip ebay off on any money, you can click the ended listing on ebay and see.
And to the other guy who doesn't like my weathering... to each their own, I do my own models and others differently but when I go to sell those they do not fetch as much as the way I do most of them, so doing it to make a few bucks I do what the bulk of people wants, which actually looks quite differently in person than in pictures. I am sorry thats so offensive to your eyes. Would love to see your work too.
Honestly after reading this crapola on here and the north Korea forum site its no shock people are NOT flocking to this hobby. My other hobbies are drag racing, building high end muscle cars, restoring gas pumps etc...and honestly in those hobbies you never hear this crap constantly. Just turning 36 the day you guys started this crap about me... just makes me think I should be redirecting my time to my other hobbies and more profitable business. You can’t seem to make most of you happy in anything and you berate and belittle everyone about everything. Probably why the hobby is vastly known as a grumpy old man hobby or basement dwellers. Lastly the part that scratches my head the most is even if the models brought 5k each... wouldn’t that be good for the hobby because your estate sales will be worth way more for your family if you don’t continue pissing off the younger generations.
The attached picture is a 70 chevelle i built and sold at barrett jackson for $135,000. Yes thats right an old POS chevelle that cost about $4400 new... whaaaat thats right not everything looses value...
Not that its any of your business but i dont want to leave you all pondering your navals for too long so they do not go raw and so some of you can actually get back to work on your inherited model companies rather than worrying about boring me...
Anyway... they did not sell for 5k each obviously. I had a customer want to buy all 4 models... so i made a special listing with a discount price so he could buy them and could calculate the international shipping directly to him rather than global shipping which was trying to charge 4x what it actually cost and couldn’t be removed. So it was listed and he bought. That leaves me to try and remove the auction... sure but when you close an ebay ad ebay charges you the final value fee for ended auctions not sold. So since I already paid them their 8% for the combined one I didnt feel it was necessary to pay them again for the same transaction, so jacking up the price to deter bidding was the option i chose since i am not as wealthy as all you experts on this forum to pay the fees a second time. placing the words sold again was to deter bidding. So no I didn’t sell outside ebay, or 5k each, and didnt rip ebay off on any money, you can click the ended listing on ebay and see.
And to the other guy who doesn't like my weathering... to each their own, I do my own models and others differently but when I go to sell those they do not fetch as much as the way I do most of them, so doing it to make a few bucks I do what the bulk of people wants, which actually looks quite differently in person than in pictures. I am sorry thats so offensive to your eyes. Would love to see your work too.
Honestly after reading this crapola on here and the north Korea forum site its no shock people are NOT flocking to this hobby. My other hobbies are drag racing, building high end muscle cars, restoring gas pumps etc...and honestly in those hobbies you never hear this crap constantly. Just turning 36 the day you guys started this crap about me... just makes me think I should be redirecting my time to my other hobbies and more profitable business. You can’t seem to make most of you happy in anything and you berate and belittle everyone about everything. Probably why the hobby is vastly known as a grumpy old man hobby or basement dwellers. Lastly the part that scratches my head the most is even if the models brought 5k each... wouldn’t that be good for the hobby because your estate sales will be worth way more for your family if you don’t continue pissing off the younger generations.
The attached picture is a 70 chevelle i built and sold at barrett jackson for $135,000. Yes thats right an old POS chevelle that cost about $4400 new... whaaaat thats right not everything looses value...
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
smartestmanonearth wrote:...........i am not as wealthy as all you experts on this forum ............ i built and sold at barrett jackson for $135,000.
Wealthier than me - you're the one that sold the car.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
smartestmanonearth
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:smartestmanonearth wrote:...........i am not as wealthy as all you experts on this forum ............ i built and sold at barrett jackson for $135,000.
Wealthier than me - you're the one that sold the car.
I doubt that... with all your research and lives saved by your research... you probably could buy us all... and I wouldn’t say a bad thing about that period.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
smartestmanonearth wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:smartestmanonearth wrote:...........i am not as wealthy as all you experts on this forum ............ i built and sold at barrett jackson for $135,000.
Wealthier than me - you're the one that sold the car.
I doubt that... with all your research and lives saved by your research... you probably could buy us all... and I wouldn’t say a bad thing about that period.
Nah...........
Spent it all on booze and women............and a new tractor for the farm, new septic system, and a headlight lens for the JD,
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
Smartest man on earth, huh? I don’t know what you did to that Chevelle, but that’s one clowned out joke and proves there’s a sucker born every minute. This is what a ‘70 Chevelle is.

To be short with you, I’m not impressed at all. Come back here when you’ve spent 22 years of military service with some combat experience holding brothers while they die in your bloody arms. Yeah, you’re something special alright. Hey Rufus, I need to hear some more hooker and septic tank stories!

To be short with you, I’m not impressed at all. Come back here when you’ve spent 22 years of military service with some combat experience holding brothers while they die in your bloody arms. Yeah, you’re something special alright. Hey Rufus, I need to hear some more hooker and septic tank stories!
Running that red block Charlie.
-
smartestmanonearth
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
2railjon wrote:Smartest man on earth, huh? I don’t know what you did to that Chevelle, but that’s one clowned out joke and proves there’s a sucker born every minute. This is what a ‘70 Chevelle is.
To be short with you, I’m not impressed at all. Come back here when you’ve spent 22 years of military service with some combat experience holding brothers while they die in your bloody arms. Yeah, you’re something special alright. Hey Rufus, I need to hear some more hooker and septic tank stories!
Well boss I own 2 of those too. Ls5 41,000 original miles and in my garage and an LS6 with 33,000 original miles. Not a picture i stole off the internet. Don’t judge about military service chief, my family has given plenty to this country as well as the ultimate sacrifice. I dont feel i need to boast about it here.
-
Jay Criswell
- Posts: 2003
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
Wow! Another one off his meds? No Jon, not you. You have my utmost respect and appreciation...you know that, right?
Only 5 years for me late '68 to mid '73 and every bit of it 11Bravo
Jay
Only 5 years for me late '68 to mid '73 and every bit of it 11Bravo
Jay
Last edited by Jay Criswell on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
smartestmanonearth
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
Jay Criswell wrote:Wow! Another off his meds?
Jay
Exactly what i thought when i read your post about me last week. Don't you have some work to do on that inherited business of yours. You would get far more done if you focused on that rather than my business or starting crap all the time.
-
Jay Criswell
- Posts: 2003
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
Yeah, I inherited some it from a dear friend and purchased a bunch of. Not that it's any of your business.
Jay
Jay
-
Jay Criswell
- Posts: 2003
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
What, exactly did you read that offended you so? That I couldn't figure it all out. Nowhere did I insult or question you.
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
“I dont feel i need to boast about it here.”
Oh please! Don’t stop now!!

Oh please! Don’t stop now!!
Running that red block Charlie.
-
smartestmanonearth
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
Jay Criswell wrote:Yeah, I inherited some it from a dear friend and purchased a bunch of. Not that it's any of your business.
Jay
Exactly, just like my selling of brass trains was none of your business to talk crap about. Thats between my customer, myself, and accountant. See where i am going with this Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Funny that you say another one off meds... isn’t that the reason you missed march meet?
-
smartestmanonearth
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:49 am
Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...
2railjon wrote:“I dont feel i need to boast about it here.”
Oh please! Don’t stop now!!![]()
![]()
They served and gave their lives, period. Real warriors/heros don't need to boast about that they did. My automotive business also does a lot for veterans. You really shouldn’t be an *** when you really dont know what someone does behind the scenes. However military service has nothing to do with model trains. Lets be respectful and leave military out of this.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests
