They look nice. How did they run?
And that is not a bad price for 1951.
At that time I had a 3R floor layout and a 5' X 9' HO layout.
Not enough O Scale around here
Re: Not enough O Scale around here
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Not enough O Scale around here
I have a brand new PennLine T-1 kit in the box. Always thought about doing it, but probably naught.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
Carey Williams
- Posts: 688
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:10 pm
Re: Not enough O Scale around here
Hello all
Rodger ...unknown about their running ability... have not had a loop of HO up since I was 14 ...and that was more than a few years ago ...at the ripe old age of 13 joined TCA ... and began the hunt of tinplate ... with scale normally in the peripheral view. Bought the Crusader and Hiawatha from a tinplate friend..when I was 17 ... need to fire them up before assuming room temperature .
I had a Penn T1 built and running many moons ago ..nice heavy model ..
photo from 1973 ...at the local Midwest TCA Christmas show with a big layout ....mine was a bit smaller with Z, , N and TT
Cheers Carey
Rodger ...unknown about their running ability... have not had a loop of HO up since I was 14 ...and that was more than a few years ago ...at the ripe old age of 13 joined TCA ... and began the hunt of tinplate ... with scale normally in the peripheral view. Bought the Crusader and Hiawatha from a tinplate friend..when I was 17 ... need to fire them up before assuming room temperature .
I had a Penn T1 built and running many moons ago ..nice heavy model ..
photo from 1973 ...at the local Midwest TCA Christmas show with a big layout ....mine was a bit smaller with Z, , N and TT
Cheers Carey
Re: Not enough O Scale around here
You sound a litle like me. I like trains, any size.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
-
Carey Williams
- Posts: 688
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:10 pm
Re: Not enough O Scale around here
Hello all ....HO or half O ... or OO as it started ...began in Germany with Bing production for Bassett Lowke ...as a "Table Top Railway" .....windup in 1922 and electric in 1924 ....all ceased in 1932 when Bing closed it's doors . Ed Alexander was a big HO advocate before turning to O scale ...the Americanized version of the Bing was carried in Alexander's 1928 catalog . Yes 3 rail HO ...
Here is a link to see the electric Americanized Bing in action .
Cheers Carey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv-G73UJnQQ
Here is a link to see the electric Americanized Bing in action .
Cheers Carey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv-G73UJnQQ
Re: Not enough O Scale around here
The tin litho OO track-with-roadbed is similar to Hornby three-rail OO.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 50 guests