Something for the specialist.....
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Something for the specialist.....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Something for the specialist.....
...about a quarter of a kit.
Robert
Robert
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Something for the specialist.....
Robert wrote:...about a quarter of a kit.
Robert
I'm curious about that drive system!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Something for the specialist.....
Didn't we go through this a month or so ago? Half an artic....couldn't sell it, so broke it up into parts?
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Something for the specialist.....
I don't remember that. A link?
That looks like Max Gray with a Lobaugh gearbox. It might be an early attempt at dual motor power - they rally chopped up boilers and rear cylinders to gain the dubious advantage of separate motor control.
That looks like Max Gray with a Lobaugh gearbox. It might be an early attempt at dual motor power - they rally chopped up boilers and rear cylinders to gain the dubious advantage of separate motor control.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Something for the specialist.....
ScaleCraft wrote:Didn't we go through this a month or so ago? Half an artic....couldn't sell it, so broke it up into parts?
I don't recall that one having both motors mounted and wired together on one half like this does.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Something for the specialist.....
I just remember something about half an artic.....maybe it was the other half?
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Something for the specialist.....
ScaleCraft wrote:I just remember something about half an artic.....maybe it was the other half?
Probably several halves of this one are lying about somewhere,
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Something for the specialist.....
I clicked on Rufus' Link to see the item. The auction had ended and the item had sold, and this is what popped up:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIONEL-New-Yor ... 2334399241
I always get a laugh out of their "We Found Something Similar!" results.
i have seen hundreds of these, maybe thousands, and never yet have I seen ANYTHING remotely SIMILAR to the item in the original auction!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIONEL-New-Yor ... 2334399241
I always get a laugh out of their "We Found Something Similar!" results.
i have seen hundreds of these, maybe thousands, and never yet have I seen ANYTHING remotely SIMILAR to the item in the original auction!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Something for the specialist.....
E7 wrote:I always get a laugh out of their "We Found Something Similar!" results.
Their decision making algorithm is in real need of some adjustment,
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests