Anyone hear anything about........

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Anyone hear anything about........

Postby E7 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Here are a few for starts;

The Midwestern Model Works SD45's? i have no skin in the game, but all the ranting and raving at the beginning was sort of amusing if you had a sadistic streak. I see where they have a project to do all the NS heritage units! Can't imagine how much that would cost, or how long until finished. Good Luck!

The Key Model Imports factory that burned......did they find an alternate facility?

Maybe most important, the Atlas factory that closed.......probably more important because they are a source of entry level stuff.

Today's show at Strasburg?

Rich

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Strasburg - good show today; managed to sell off a good amount is everything...
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby bob turner » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Ask on NK. If the thread does not get erased, you will hear that MMW has a production model on display; the first shipment of deliverables is imminent, and other variants of EMD products are not far in the future. Same as last year.

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby E7 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:51 pm

bob turner wrote: Same as last year.


Is that a bit of sarcasm there Bob? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby rogruth » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:07 pm

E7 wrote:
bob turner wrote: Same as last year.


Is that a bit of sarcasm there Bob? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm. Just sounds as if he is stating a fact. ???
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby E7 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:47 am

rogruth wrote:
E7 wrote:
bob turner wrote: Same as last year.


Is that a bit of sarcasm there Bob? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm. Just sounds as if he is stating a fact. ???


I suggest you ask Bob. I thought he was being sarcastic when he stated "same as last year"since a "first" shipment can only occur once, not two years running.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 am

rogruth wrote:
E7 wrote:
bob turner wrote: Same as last year.


Is that a bit of sarcasm there Bob? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm. Just sounds as if he is stating a fact. ???


I thought so......
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby bob turner » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm

I guess it was sort of sarcastic. Am I wrong? Are they shipping? Are the customers pleased?

I have met the guy - he is earnest, talented, and probably quite honest. He never joins in on the discussions about how wonderful all this will be. Still, his fans are rabid when anyone asks for a realistic assessment. Rich is correct; it sure has been quiet on this topic. I bet it has been pushed back another year. Hope I am wrong.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:48 pm

bob turner wrote:I guess it was sort of sarcastic. Am I wrong? Are they shipping? Are the customers pleased?


No, but ok.
Unknown...
Hard to answer given that they are ecstatic before actually receiving anything.

I have met the guy - he is earnest, talented, and probably quite honest. He never joins in on the discussions about how wonderful all this will be. Still, his fans are rabid when anyone asks for a realistic assessment. Rich is correct; it sure has been quiet on this topic. I bet it has been pushed back another year. Hope I am wrong.


Agreed
He is wise in his avoidance of interactions
His fans might qualify as cultists
Quiet? Mercifully so..
If so, unfortunate.
Insouciant
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

Jay Criswell
Posts: 2003
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby Jay Criswell » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:50 pm

When I talked to him about his rabid fans and all the hype he kind of just shrugged and said something to the effect, I haven't got time for all that, I've got work to do. I think what I like best about Erik (or is it Eric, damn, I can never remember) is his willingness to share how and what he's doing but to also compliment others on their endeavors (that would be me, in this case). A good guy and someone I consider a friend.

Jay

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby bob turner » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:42 pm

If Martin were really insouciant, he would not be taking time to comment. I believe this saga is one of the more interesting things in O Scale lately. I often join in with opinions, even though I do not plan on investing in that class of model. I think such models advance the hobby, even if only one short production run is the result. See KTM USA for an example, or the Bultmann models. All worthwhile, but ultimately not commercially successful.

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby E7 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Whatever the case, I sincerely hope Erik does well. O scale brass importers are an endangered species.

Rich

LarryK
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby LarryK » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:41 am

...like a bunch of gossipy old women...
No Comment!

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 am

bob turner wrote:If Martin were really insouciant, he would not be taking time to comment.


You choose to misunderstand. I am insouciant to your "Hope I am wrong".

He will or will not deliver and folks will or will not be pleased. There will be detractors after delivery; regardless of importer perfection is not reached and complaints will be made. The proportionality of the latter 2 camps will determine his future.

Time for pancakes.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Anyone hear anything about........

Postby E7 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:03 pm

LarryK wrote:...like a bunch of gossipy old women...


It's TOY TRAINS, ain't no macho to be had....welcome to the so-ing circle.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 98 guests