Page 1 of 2
Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:31 pm
by bob turner
Longest ten minutes or so . . . More photo space?
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:35 pm
by ScaleCraft
Interesting couple of days. I followed the "10 minutes" though 404 not found, auto-insert /wordpress/ which took us to a blog, then to https:// and now back to
http://.
Unreal.
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 pm
by sleepmac
I am glad it's back. I'm not going to complain about it's absence, as most software/hardware changes are fraught with all kinds of unforeseen potholes.

Dan Weinhold
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:53 pm
by HONDO74
ScaleCraft wrote:Interesting couple of days. I followed the "10 minutes" though 404 not found, auto-insert /wordpress/ which took us to a blog, then to https:// and now back to
http://.
Unreal.
I think we should ALL compliment the owner of the forum for keeping it going. He is they one paying the bills. and doing the work on it. I can wait another 10 minutes or 2 days whatever it takes.....
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
HONDO74 wrote:I think we should ALL compliment the owner of the forum for keeping it going. He is they one paying the bills. and doing the work on it. I can wait another 10 minutes or 2 days whatever it takes.....
Absoposilutely!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:18 pm
by Chris Rock
It is good to see this site back up. While I don't participate here as much as I should, I still view this as a very worthwhile site..
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 pm
by rogruth
I agree with all the above.
I was really starting to worry that my favorite forum was going away.
Thanks for fixing.
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:10 pm
by E7
HONDO74 wrote:ScaleCraft wrote:Interesting couple of days. I followed the "10 minutes" though 404 not found, auto-insert /wordpress/ which took us to a blog, then to https:// and now back to
http://.
Unreal.
I think we should ALL compliment the owner of the forum for keeping it going. He is they one paying the bills. and doing the work on it. I can wait another 10 minutes or 2 days whatever it takes.....
Agree 100% Hondo! A BIG THANKS from me!
Rich
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:34 pm
by ScaleCraft
Since I carefully watched all the changes as they happened, I just checked and he did.
Secure protocol website is now what we have. http:// works, but you might want to change your bookmarks to
https://, which is what I am on now.
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:45 pm
by bob turner
Greek to me. It works the same here.
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:14 pm
by ScaleCraft
HTTPS: Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol
The http or https client, such as a Web browser, establishes a connection to a server on a standard port. However, https offers an extra layer of security because it uses SSL to move data. ... HTTPS is secure because it uses SSL to move data.
There is not only more Greek, but some Aramaic thrown in for good measure.
Even though some users may be unaware of the benefits of SSL/TLS, modern browsers are making sure they're aware of the trustworthiness of a website no matter what.
Chrome and other browsers mark all HTTP websites as "not secure."
Google incrementally took steps to nudge websites towards incorporating HTTPS over a number of years. Google also uses HTTPS as a quality factor in how they return search results; the more secure the website, the less likely the visitor will be making a mistake by clicking on the link Google provided.
Starting in July 2018 with the release of Chrome 68, all unsecured HTTP traffic has been flagged in the URL bar as “not secure”. This notification appears for all websites without a valid SSL certificate. Other browsers have followed suit.
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:19 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:Starting in July 2018 with the release of Chrome 68, all unsecured HTTP traffic has been flagged in the URL bar as “not secure”.
Would not know about Chrome; only use it for a single select purpose; Firefox shows a lock with a diagonal red line through it to signify “not secure”.
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:57 pm
by ScaleCraft
Just quoting. And, if you do log in/on not securely, your password can be snagged. Not too big a deal unless every password on every site is cubjock.
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:06 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:Just quoting. And, if you do log in/on not securely, your password can be snagged. Not too big a deal unless every password on every site is cubjock.
Possible. Possible that every keystroke you do using Chrome is recorded as well. Could be that guy across the table from you is van Eck phreaking your phone, too. Guess we could all go back to pencil and paper; typewriters..... Fun time, fun times.
Re: Welcome back!
Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm
by up148
Well, finally figured out how to get back. Really missed this forum as its a daily drug of choice for me.
