Welcome back!
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Welcome back!
Longest ten minutes or so . . . More photo space?
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Welcome back!
Interesting couple of days. I followed the "10 minutes" though 404 not found, auto-insert /wordpress/ which took us to a blog, then to https:// and now back to http://.
Unreal.
Unreal.
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: Welcome back!
I am glad it's back. I'm not going to complain about it's absence, as most software/hardware changes are fraught with all kinds of unforeseen potholes. 
Dan Weinhold
Dan Weinhold
Re: Welcome back!
ScaleCraft wrote:Interesting couple of days. I followed the "10 minutes" though 404 not found, auto-insert /wordpress/ which took us to a blog, then to https:// and now back to http://.
Unreal.
I think we should ALL compliment the owner of the forum for keeping it going. He is they one paying the bills. and doing the work on it. I can wait another 10 minutes or 2 days whatever it takes.....
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Welcome back!
HONDO74 wrote:I think we should ALL compliment the owner of the forum for keeping it going. He is they one paying the bills. and doing the work on it. I can wait another 10 minutes or 2 days whatever it takes.....
Absoposilutely!!!!!!!!!!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
Chris Rock
- Posts: 1480
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:08 pm
- Location: United States
Re: Welcome back!
It is good to see this site back up. While I don't participate here as much as I should, I still view this as a very worthwhile site..
Re: Welcome back!
I agree with all the above.
I was really starting to worry that my favorite forum was going away.
Thanks for fixing.
I was really starting to worry that my favorite forum was going away.
Thanks for fixing.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: Welcome back!
HONDO74 wrote:ScaleCraft wrote:Interesting couple of days. I followed the "10 minutes" though 404 not found, auto-insert /wordpress/ which took us to a blog, then to https:// and now back to http://.
Unreal.
I think we should ALL compliment the owner of the forum for keeping it going. He is they one paying the bills. and doing the work on it. I can wait another 10 minutes or 2 days whatever it takes.....
Agree 100% Hondo! A BIG THANKS from me!
Rich
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Welcome back!
Since I carefully watched all the changes as they happened, I just checked and he did.
Secure protocol website is now what we have. http:// works, but you might want to change your bookmarks to https://, which is what I am on now.
Secure protocol website is now what we have. http:// works, but you might want to change your bookmarks to https://, which is what I am on now.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Welcome back!
Greek to me. It works the same here.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Welcome back!
HTTPS: Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol
The http or https client, such as a Web browser, establishes a connection to a server on a standard port. However, https offers an extra layer of security because it uses SSL to move data. ... HTTPS is secure because it uses SSL to move data.
There is not only more Greek, but some Aramaic thrown in for good measure.
Even though some users may be unaware of the benefits of SSL/TLS, modern browsers are making sure they're aware of the trustworthiness of a website no matter what.
Chrome and other browsers mark all HTTP websites as "not secure."
Google incrementally took steps to nudge websites towards incorporating HTTPS over a number of years. Google also uses HTTPS as a quality factor in how they return search results; the more secure the website, the less likely the visitor will be making a mistake by clicking on the link Google provided.
Starting in July 2018 with the release of Chrome 68, all unsecured HTTP traffic has been flagged in the URL bar as “not secure”. This notification appears for all websites without a valid SSL certificate. Other browsers have followed suit.
The http or https client, such as a Web browser, establishes a connection to a server on a standard port. However, https offers an extra layer of security because it uses SSL to move data. ... HTTPS is secure because it uses SSL to move data.
There is not only more Greek, but some Aramaic thrown in for good measure.
Even though some users may be unaware of the benefits of SSL/TLS, modern browsers are making sure they're aware of the trustworthiness of a website no matter what.
Chrome and other browsers mark all HTTP websites as "not secure."
Google incrementally took steps to nudge websites towards incorporating HTTPS over a number of years. Google also uses HTTPS as a quality factor in how they return search results; the more secure the website, the less likely the visitor will be making a mistake by clicking on the link Google provided.
Starting in July 2018 with the release of Chrome 68, all unsecured HTTP traffic has been flagged in the URL bar as “not secure”. This notification appears for all websites without a valid SSL certificate. Other browsers have followed suit.
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Welcome back!
ScaleCraft wrote:Starting in July 2018 with the release of Chrome 68, all unsecured HTTP traffic has been flagged in the URL bar as “not secure”.
Would not know about Chrome; only use it for a single select purpose; Firefox shows a lock with a diagonal red line through it to signify “not secure”.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Welcome back!
Just quoting. And, if you do log in/on not securely, your password can be snagged. Not too big a deal unless every password on every site is cubjock.
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Welcome back!
ScaleCraft wrote:Just quoting. And, if you do log in/on not securely, your password can be snagged. Not too big a deal unless every password on every site is cubjock.
Possible. Possible that every keystroke you do using Chrome is recorded as well. Could be that guy across the table from you is van Eck phreaking your phone, too. Guess we could all go back to pencil and paper; typewriters..... Fun time, fun times.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Welcome back!
Well, finally figured out how to get back. Really missed this forum as its a daily drug of choice for me. 
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests