odd...Neill's stuff?
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13648
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
I saw a string of arch bar "Ball Jar" ice cars in Pensacola in 1955. Wish I had been a camera freak.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13648
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
By the way, Mr. Poplar has expanded his offerings, including lots of fragments. He splits up boilers and details, then combines unrelated castings. Still, of interest to me, at current prices.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
bob turner wrote:By the way, Mr. Poplar has expanded his offerings, including lots of fragments. He splits up boilers and details, then combines unrelated castings. Still, of interest to me, at current prices.
Normal. He bought some of those really big lots that were not sorted into matched parts and is guessing what goes with what. Just as you say though, some are of interest regardless.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:E7 wrote:bob turner wrote:Yes - pretty sure PRR used those ugly one-spring trucks under most cabin cars. I would put arch bars on an N6a or N6b.
They were banned from interchange after 1939.
How many PRR cabin cars ever interchanged?
90,481,776,083,917.27 give or take!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
E7 wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:E7 wrote:
They were banned from interchange after 1939.
How many PRR cabin cars ever interchanged?
90,481,776,083,917.27 give or take!
Right.........I can see all the photos of those N5's running over the UP right now.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
That's nice, but I was referring to arch bar trucks.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13648
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
Difficult to interchange the trucks without the caboose? I think quite a few arch bar-equipped cabin cars lasted into the 1950s.
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
bob turner wrote:Difficult to interchange the trucks without the caboose? I think quite a few arch bar-equipped cabin cars lasted into the 1950s.
I don't recall seeing a PRR cabin with arch bars (real or model), but then I didn't see them all. You just turned the BIG 8-0. That would have made you 10 years old in 1950. Were you out looking for arch bar trucks on PRR cabins at age 10?
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
bob turner wrote:I saw a string of arch bar "Ball Jar" ice cars in Pensacola in 1955. Wish I had been a camera freak.
'55 would have made you about 15 years old. I have a hard time remembering what I did 65 minutes ago let alone 65 years....you wouldn't be shining us on a bit?
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
I never had the pleasure of meeting Neil, but he seemed like a nice enough fellow from what I "saw" of him via this forum. Looking at his stuff in the Stout auction, I couldn't discern any particular theme or interest. We ALL have our own little peccadilloes. Just wondering if Jim (Maroon) or someone who knew him, would care to comment on his modeling passions?
RIP
RIP
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
E7 wrote:bob turner wrote:I saw a string of arch bar "Ball Jar" ice cars in Pensacola in 1955. Wish I had been a camera freak.
'55 would have made you about 15 years old. I have a hard time remembering what I did 65 minutes ago let alone 65 years....you wouldn't be shining us on a bit?
I'm 86 and remember qui[e a lot of my school days time. At least by high school, possibly sooner, I did look for the difference in car trucks.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
-
Dennis Holler
- Posts: 474
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
So, was this a Saginaw E6 or a mixture? I was watching it but fell asleep and missed it at $86... Probably not missing much lol.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-SCALE-2-RAIL ... 7675.l2557
https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-SCALE-2-RAIL ... 7675.l2557
Doorstop Rookie
-
Carey Williams
- Posts: 688
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:10 pm
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
Hello all ..
yes the cast E6 is a Saginaw ...Bill Lenoir 1941 ..
Steve Neil was a collector /buyer / researcher ..loved vintage O scale ...had plans to building a very large layout ... set up framing / tables for the layout ..but never began laying track.
Steve was always kind to share what knowledge he had about the vintage pieces.
Cheers Carey
yes the cast E6 is a Saginaw ...Bill Lenoir 1941 ..
Steve Neil was a collector /buyer / researcher ..loved vintage O scale ...had plans to building a very large layout ... set up framing / tables for the layout ..but never began laying track.
Steve was always kind to share what knowledge he had about the vintage pieces.
Cheers Carey
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: odd...Neill's stuff?
Carey Williams wrote:
Steve was always kind to share what knowledge he had about the vintage pieces.
True! I looked forward to meeting with him in Chicago.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests