............made steam engines!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRASS-O-SCALE- ... 5486&rt=nc
But then it is eBay.................................
Peter
I didn't know that General Models..........
-
herronpeter
- Posts: 748
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm
- Location: Clifton Park, NY
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: I didn't know that General Models..........
Really? They are among the most common doorstops. The Varney Ten-Wheeler was the progenitur, followed by the similar 4-4-0, and then the Atlantic, Pacific, Mountain, and very strange 2-6-6-4. In later years, when it was All Nation, they had a lead-boilered Prairie, or Mogul, or something. The entire line became Babbitt.
Madison, Ala, is close to where I learned to fly. Had no idea O Scale existed in that area. This seller might be a tad optimistic!
Madison, Ala, is close to where I learned to fly. Had no idea O Scale existed in that area. This seller might be a tad optimistic!
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: I didn't know that General Models..........
I have one of those...fully assembled, never run on track, needs to be painted.
Field wound motor, wires never soldered to anything.
345 plus shipping, huh? Geez, improve my retirement a bunch here.
Field wound motor, wires never soldered to anything.
345 plus shipping, huh? Geez, improve my retirement a bunch here.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: I didn't know that General Models..........
Mine have Lobaugh drivers. Rich at Chicagoland sold me one for $35.
- R.K. Maroon
- Posts: 3136
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm
Re: I didn't know that General Models..........
Bob is correct on the history with one exception. The 4-4-0 was introduced by All Nation a few years after they acquired GMC out of bankruptcy. I don't have a scan of the A/N catalog that shows that nor a scan of the Mountain as it was introduced by GMC, but I do have these scans of the others from a 1948 GMC catalog.
Jim
Jim
The link below any photo will display the image full size
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Dennis Holler and 130 guests