
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/k0i8n5si5eo071nebhwd6/Tender-Dies-01.jpg?rlkey=pio9l0a1adr5ki87habkphtgw
So this is clearly one half of a tender side. We surmise that a blank of brass sheet, cut to size, would be loaded into the lower half. There are six slots around the perimeter. It seems that the blank would have bent tabs, which would fit the slots and register the blank within the die. There is a boss on the right-hand side of the upper die, and a matching void on the lower die. These features would register the two halves.
The other brick was similar and clearly for the other side of the tender:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/i2gxdf3ein01uwh76tj0q/Tender-Dies-02.jpg?rlkey=y8qwhkrcy5a0prs0e45f88fp8
Here is the die for the outside of the side, as evidenced by the presence of the rivet pattern:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0q21j3c1pzd9qwc9i9ltx/Tender-Dies-03.jpg?rlkey=lxy6hdc2pubrbbujxcme5bptd
I am curious to see if anybody can ID the model. The closest thing I have is the tender from the Lobaugh FEF:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9fx69bqkw1dt1ueyiaupf/Lobaugh-UP-FEF-Tender.jpg?rlkey=ie8plza3sjcbm354vv01tb72c
Both the dies and the model have the same staggered rows of rivets. However, note that the die does not have a rivet pattern to mark the coal bunker of the tender. So maybe it's for the tender of an oil burner, or possibly an auxiliary water tender. I nosed around but had no luck finding any tender that matched in both size, shape, and rivet pattern. There is a UP auxiliary tender that is close, but I couldn't find a photo of one with the same rivet pattern. Any ideas?
As a final comment, I had no idea that super-heavy-duty tooling like this would ever be needed or cost effective to form the sides of a brass model. I can only imagine the tooling cost. I also wonder about the size of the press that would be used with these dies. Does anybody have insight into any of this?
Jim

