Question on old style adhesive/filler

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Question on old style adhesive/filler

Postby ScaleCraft » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:16 pm

As I am cleaning up the remains of this Thomas boiler, I am finding piping stuck through thin shell and what initially appeared to be cold solder joints.
Then I realized it was flaking off.

Powdery silver stuff, I am thinking Alumilite.

Popping it all out for paint, most will stay put when running board assembly is put back.

Did folks use Alumilite or is it something else that color?
Dave....gone by invitation

bob turner
Posts: 13649
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Question on old style adhesive/filler

Postby bob turner » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Make a new thicker boiler.
I do that with Thomas tank cars - use tubing under the paper-thin wrapper.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 88 guests