Exquisite!

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Exquisite!

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stock-cars-2-u ... 3187539855

I don't think this comes up to a "box of toothpicks" Westbrook stock.

Surprising is the milled center sill.

The ladders are really nice. Those wouldn't even fly with 3-rail.
No stirrup steps, grab irons, underbody detail, one doesn't even have frame stringers.
Comet?

Price is a tad high for kindling. Opinion.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Exquisite!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Might be Main Line kits, but those body bolsters look like my resin ones, :? :?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Exquisite!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:23 am

Turns out that these 2 cars did come through my shop and after doing some modifications to them I decided not to keep them, and sold them at the March Meet, :mrgreen:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Exquisite!

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:46 pm

I looked them up. Looks like Ye Olde Huff-n-Puff.

I think I have a handful of wood structure kits in g from them.

The issues with these is the thickness of the parts, I think.

Looks like the horizontal slats are too thick (that coming from someone whose stocks are cast!), but I do believe separate grabs instead of those ladders would have worked better.

Center sill would be good sealed and painted. Usable with grabs, paint, stirrups and lettering.
Piping, brake staff and wheel.

You've done these...32 right?

I mean, they're unfinished kits without the rest of the parts.

Not collectible like doorstops.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Exquisite!

Postby rogruth » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:53 pm

They sorta look like something I would do. Got them put together but couldn't see to finish them. :(
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests