I must be missing something here:
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
I must be missing something here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-O-Scale- ... 3596506348
No frame (removed) no underbody detail (cut off) no couplers,
Doors bent slightly in, outside braces bent inwards, wood floor.
No trucks.
Must be special at $62.03 + $13.07.
No frame (removed) no underbody detail (cut off) no couplers,
Doors bent slightly in, outside braces bent inwards, wood floor.
No trucks.
Must be special at $62.03 + $13.07.
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: I must be missing something here:
It's a steal! Take note that I did not mention who was doing the stealing. 
Re: I must be missing something here:
IMP perhaps? I do wish Trainz would find someone to actually identify the items they list beyond ...."cattle car"...etc.
though this way though no one's able to return the item "not as described" based on an improper manufacturer listing,
less trouble I guess.
Conversely I shouldn't complain, this lack of an accurate description has also resulted in some pretty good closing prices with them over the years on KMT, USH and MAC shops bodies.
though this way though no one's able to return the item "not as described" based on an improper manufacturer listing,
less trouble I guess.
Conversely I shouldn't complain, this lack of an accurate description has also resulted in some pretty good closing prices with them over the years on KMT, USH and MAC shops bodies.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: I must be missing something here:
De Bruin wrote:IMP perhaps?
Yes. Sold a complete one just a few weeks ago. Someone has removed the underbody center sill and strap bolsters......
Conversely I shouldn't complain, this lack of an accurate description has also resulted in some pretty good closing prices with them over the years on KMT, USH and MAC shops bodies.
Yup!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: I must be missing something here:
Here is a complete (allegedly, but looks like it) IMP, albeit plastic Athearn trucks, no missing bolsters, trucks, frame, sill, and it's even lettered, all for a BIN of 40, or make an offer.
Heckuva deal.
Trainz it out of line...again....
Heckuva deal.
Trainz it out of line...again....
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: I must be missing something here:
How can it be determined to be 2 rail without trucks, frame, etc.?
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Re: I must be missing something here:
De Bruin wrote:though this way though no one's able to return the item "not as described" based on an improper manufacturer listing
Pete, if the seller states they accept returns (Trainz does here) you can pretty much send it back for whatever. If you look on your "My Ebay" page at your "Orders" list, there is a "Return this item" button. Just click it and the process is started.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: I must be missing something here:
ScaleCraft wrote:Here is a complete (allegedly, but looks like it) IMP, albeit plastic Athearn trucks, no missing bolsters, trucks, frame, sill, and it's even lettered, all for a BIN of 40, or make an offer.
Heckuva deal.
Missing something - No link.......
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: I must be missing something here:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: I must be missing something here:
WHY WOULD THIS TANK CAR HAVE PLASTIC WHEELS AND TRUCKS?
(Please excuse the caps. Mistake.)
Is this common practice to avoid short circuits?
(Please excuse the caps. Mistake.)
Is this common practice to avoid short circuits?
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: I must be missing something here:
rogruth wrote:WHY WOULD THIS TANK CAR HAVE PLASTIC WHEELS AND TRUCKS?
(Please excuse the caps. Mistake.)
Is this common practice to avoid short circuits?
Plastic trucks are almost certainly Athearn (could be older Weaver or QC), but pretty common practice; usually one switches the wheelsets to metal ones for better rolling properties and cleaner operations.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: I must be missing something here:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:rogruth wrote:WHY WOULD THIS TANK CAR HAVE PLASTIC WHEELS AND TRUCKS?
(Please excuse the caps. Mistake.)
Is this common practice to avoid short circuits?
Plastic trucks are almost certainly Athearn (could be older Weaver or QC), but pretty common practice; usually one switches the wheelsets to metal ones for better rolling properties and cleaner operations.
OK, that makes sense.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: I must be missing something here:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:ScaleCraft wrote:Here is a complete (allegedly, but looks like it) IMP, albeit plastic Athearn trucks, no missing bolsters, trucks, frame, sill, and it's even lettered, all for a BIN of 40, or make an offer.
Heckuva deal.
Missing something - No link.......
https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Intern ... 3855107652
Had it, just didn't publish it. Forty Bux, BIN. Beats the crap out of the first one missing everything.
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: I must be missing something here:
ScaleCraft wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:ScaleCraft wrote:Here is a complete (allegedly, but looks like it) IMP, albeit plastic Athearn trucks, no missing bolsters, trucks, frame, sill, and it's even lettered, all for a BIN of 40, or make an offer.
Heckuva deal.
Missing something - No link.......
https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Intern ... 3855107652
Had it, just didn't publish it. Forty Bux, BIN. Beats the crap out of the first one missing everything.
Been modified a bit; cross bracing on underbody and those bolsters are not IMP and a lovely bit of lead in the center sill for weight; still beats the 1st one if you want a boxcar.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 117 guests
