Postby De Bruin » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:37 pm
OK I personally don’t like Rutabagas…But I really like Otto Kuhlers DL109’s; opinion they look like speedy “hot-rods” and are certainly stylistically consistent with Kuhler’s other “Buck Rogers-ish” designs for streamlined locomotives from the 30’s and 40’s like the Milwaukee’s F7 Baltics, LV’s K-5’s etc. The GM&O’s DL-105 versions were originally delivered around 1940 in GM&N’s crimson and silver scheme to pull the Gulf Coast Rebel which was a heavyweight train modernized with stream-styling designed by Kuhler as well.
In my view Craig’s DL was the real star of the Southwest show along with Jim’s Fred Bradley-built Ingalls road switcher. Thanks for posting the photos Jim. As an aside I'm looking forward to getting a shot at finishing one of those door-stop Bay State DLs.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact
morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com