Parmele & Sturges EP3
-
steamaheadstephen59
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
These pictures are great, helps me feel inspired to do more on my own project, and ideas for my own drive set up. Thanks
-
steamaheadstephen59
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
I was just watching a YouTube video entitled " Why Do Lionel Trains Run On 3 Rail Track? " about a third of the way into the video you see a outside three rail layout. The first thing you see go past ( in black and white ) is the Parmele & Sturges EP-3 I don't know what layout it might have been, but it was interesting to this discussion.
-
J. S. Bach
- Posts: 5820
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
steamaheadstephen59 wrote:I he first thing you see go past ( in black and white ) is the Parmele & Sturges EP-3 I don't know what layout it might have been, but it was interesting to this discussion.
Was it climbing a slight grade from right to left? And hauling a real short passenger train of about three or four cars? If so, it was at a club (that I no longer remember) somewhere in the Northeast.
-
steamaheadstephen59
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
Yes that sounds like the same clip, she's travelling using the overhead wire. It sure looks like a club layout
-
J. S. Bach
- Posts: 5820
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
steamaheadstephen59 wrote:Yes that sounds like the same clip, she's travelling using the overhead wire. It sure looks like a club layout
ISTR it was outside third rail; could have been overhead, though. It has been quite a while since I saw; here, I think.
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
You guys are all whacked out about this junk, here's a real find:
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/strasburg-treasure
Did time at the famous Bronx Terminal!
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/strasburg-treasure
Did time at the famous Bronx Terminal!
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
E7 wrote:You guys are all whacked out about this junk, here's a real find:
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/strasburg-treasure
Did time at the famous Bronx Terminal!
History. Get the terminology right!
Folks want a Glock. My 1911 is just fine...and WWI history.
My flatheads still run just fine, and....history.
BTW, those look like drivers from my Little Engines catalog.
Crossheads look Thomas, with no outer flange.
Lead side tanks and boiler?
See where they ran brass screws through the side tanks into the boiler and cut them off flush?
Interesting fix.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
steamaheadstephen59
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
It says its been taken down.??? Unfortunet would have liked to see it.
Last edited by steamaheadstephen59 on Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
Probably because of the image of the original engine (their copyright paranoia)!
And Hades will freeze over before I alert anyone over there! Suggest you have your facts correct before you accuse someone.
And Hades will freeze over before I alert anyone over there! Suggest you have your facts correct before you accuse someone.
-
steamaheadstephen59
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
Sorry E7 I was being sarcastic, pointing to the fact that they are sensitive, just as you said. I sometimes forget to use those emoji's . It's unfortunate we didn't see your post.
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
steamaheadstephen59 wrote:Sorry E7 I was being sarcastic, pointing to the fact that they are sensitive, just as you said. I sometimes forget to use those emoji's . It's unfortunate we didn't see your post.
Stephen, No hard feelings. I am NOT sensitive, OGR is, although being threatened with a lawsuit for having copyrighted material posted on the site might make one sensitive. I don't think Arnold is that bad of a guy, just someone trying to run a business.
I'm generally not that big a fan of the old stuff, but this one was particularly well done (opinion). It was of composite construction similar to the old PSC "Mountain Model Imports" line. I'm not really a small engine buff, but this piece had a look that caught my eye. Add to that, it's association with the "Bronx Terminal" gave it personal appeal.
http://members.trainweb.com/bedt/indloco/crrnjbxt.html
Take note that in the photo of the circular structure, above and slightly to it's right, you can see the Hellgate bridge.
There is also a moveable track insert (it is pictured).
Last edited by E7 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
ScaleCraft wrote:E7 wrote:You guys are all whacked out about this junk, here's a real find:
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/strasburg-treasure
Did time at the famous Bronx Terminal!
History. Get the terminology right!
Folks want a Glock. My 1911 is just fine...and WWI history.
My flatheads still run just fine, and....history.
BTW, those look like drivers from my Little Engines catalog.
Crossheads look Thomas, with no outer flange.
Lead side tanks and boiler?
See where they ran brass screws through the side tanks into the boiler and cut them off flush? Interesting fix.
Are we to take it that you didn't care for the thing????
Last edited by E7 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
E7 wrote:ScaleCraft wrote:E7 wrote:You guys are all whacked out about this junk, here's a real find:
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/strasburg-treasure
Did time at the famous Bronx Terminal!
History. Get the terminology right!
Folks want a Glock. My 1911 is just fine...and WWI history.
My flatheads still run just fine, and....history.
BTW, those look like drivers from my Little Engines catalog.
Crossheads look Thomas, with no outer flange.
Lead side tanks and boiler?
See where they ran brass screws through the side tanks into the boiler and cut them off flush? Interesting fix.
Are we to take it that you didn't care for the thing????
Which one?
Colt, Flathead, history?
The doorstop was interesting as to provenance. I thought the cutoff brass screws was an interesting fix (I think I said that).
If it was a kit, seems parts came from several sources. I think the only place I have seen half guide crossheads was Thomas...now this.
You buy it? Insulated? Runs?
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
A fellow by the name of Bill Chaplik bought it at Strasburg as best I know. I like it a lot better than crap like that P&S 3 rail mess. He (Bill) said it had a can motor. Bill stated he was unsure of it's origin.
It's mostly interesting to me because of it's history at the CNJ Bronx terminal, which had more odd track features than anywhere else I know of.
A couple of LOOPS, a removable track feature, float barges, and a nice view of the Hellgate bridge across the way in New York!
The image has since been deleted by the "wizards" at OGR!
i
It's mostly interesting to me because of it's history at the CNJ Bronx terminal, which had more odd track features than anywhere else I know of.
A couple of LOOPS, a removable track feature, float barges, and a nice view of the Hellgate bridge across the way in New York!
The image has since been deleted by the "wizards" at OGR!
i
Last edited by E7 on Thu May 16, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Parmele & Sturges EP3
wow
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 140 guests
