Why things don't get delivered by the USPS

Discussions About Items on eBay and Online Auctions
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Why things don't get delivered by the USPS

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon May 31, 2021 3:30 pm

rogruth wrote:Some have claimed that there is not any really important mail anymore that needs quick delivery, E-mail and other electronic forms have made older forms un-needed.

I still pay my medical bills by mailed in check.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:42 am

USPS seems to be speeding up their delivery times, with some destinations arriving in less than half the time as compared to a couple months back. Chicago, however, seems to still be an issue. If your stuff needs to go through Chicago, you're likely toast. Anyway, it's good that things seem to be ratcheting up. I had a pack sent by "Media Mail" reach Hamilton, Ohio, in just two days.

Big sign on the front of our local P. O. announcing they're hiring 40,000 folks in prep for the holidays.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:29 am

healey36 wrote:Big sign on the front of our local P. O. announcing they're hiring 40,000 folks in prep for the holidays.

There you go! Supplement that retirement income, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:39 am

How many current employees will be fired in 3 weeks? 40,000 should fill the void left by unvaccinated workers. If you want holiday gifts buy them now. Supply shortages will cause lean shelves this year. Last night walmart was still awaiting their Halloween goods. Our local craft store had nothing out for Christmas. Not that that bothered me. Middle of September is real early for Christmas stuff. Unless your a craft store and people need 3 months to make things. One other thing not getting delivered booze. Pa has placed a limit of 2 bottles a day ( only several brands) This limit even applies to Bars.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:54 pm

robert. wrote:Pa has placed a limit of 2 bottles a day ( only several brands) This limit even applies to Bars.

The far bigger problem might be with the person that is drinking 2 bottles a day or even thinks that they need more than 2 bottles a day. :roll: :roll:

Not sure what this has to do with the USPS, :wink: :wink:

In any case, I'm not seeing any problems with deliveries from USPS, UPS, or even Fed-Ex.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:09 pm

The booze thing was just a rambling. That limit applies also to bars. At this point in time only 43 brands are limited.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:00 am

I ordered a couple of repro Dinky diecast from a Chinese vendor, one ordered on Sept. 7 and delivered on Sept. 21, the other ordered Sept. 1 and, according to tracking, is somewhere between New Jersey and Maryland. I also have a book ordered Sept. 13 from a bookseller located in Maine which didn't ship until Sept. 21 and, according to tracking, isn't likely to be received for another 7-10 days.

I routinely receive orders from international vendors faster than those in the U. S. How much of that can be laid at the feet of USPS, I'm not sure. :roll:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:43 pm

healey36 wrote:I ordered a couple of repro Dinky diecast from a Chinese vendor, one ordered on Sept. 7 and delivered on Sept. 21, the other ordered Sept. 1 and, according to tracking, is somewhere between New Jersey and Maryland. I also have a book ordered Sept. 13 from a bookseller located in Maine which didn't ship until Sept. 21 and, according to tracking, isn't likely to be received for another 7-10 days.

I got a partial delivery of my order from LL Bean and an email that the rest is coming next month.......maybe. But once shipping, everything seems to show up pretty quickly now. My last order of RTV & resin showed up quite quickly; prior order in Aug was slow.....................

Return to “eBay & Other Online Auctions”