EBay question

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: EBay question

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:26 am

E7 wrote:Maybe you need to ditch the iPad. There's no gentile way to say it!

I have somewhat obliquely made the same suggestion.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:27 am

E7 wrote:One thing that doesn't quite ring true here is that you need to make two key strokes to place a bid. One signals your intent, and the second is a confirmation.

True

Unless things have changed, Ebay can be reached by phone.

Unknown, but I'd bet you spend more time on hold that with the IRS and the vaccine lines combined before getting a human on the line.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:24 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:One thing that doesn't quite ring true here is that you need to make two key strokes to place a bid. One signals your intent, and the second is a confirmation.

True

Unknown, but I'd bet you spend more time on hold that with the IRS and the vaccine lines combined before getting a human on the line.

Not hard at all to reach eBay. You start out by talking to a robot online. After a few simple questions. They say " we will call you on the number you provided. Oh wait. You did not want to give them a phone number. Now they can't call you. It then goes to a live chat. Right from your laptop. This live chat is better. You don't need to deal with hard to understand accents or background noise. There is a lot going on in eBay's call center. If the live chats fails. They will give you a phone number with a code. Call the number, give the code and get a person. I spent about a half hour of time from start to finish. Much quicker than with the IRS.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:23 am

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

True

Not hard at all to reach eBay. You start out by talking to a robot online. After a few simple questions. They say " we will call you on the number you provided. Oh wait. You did not want to give them a phone number. Now they can't call you. It then goes to a live chat. Right from your laptop. This live chat is better. You don't need to deal with hard to understand accents or background noise. There is a lot going on in eBay's call center. If the live chats fails. They will give you a phone number with a code. Call the number, give the code and get a person. I spent about a half hour of time from start to finish. Much quicker than with the IRS.

You've had a far better experience than I.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:07 pm

bob turner wrote:Seller was Trainz. They were very polite; said they could not help me.

Odd. Any seller can cancel a sale. Any buyer can request a seller to cancel a purchase. Something is very wrong.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:45 pm

I think he needs to look for that shopping cart icon. It should be up in the right hand corner. somewhere by the words "my eBay" click on it. See if you have any items there. if so empty it or delete items.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:44 pm

robert. wrote:I think he needs to look for that shopping cart icon. It should be up in the right hand corner. somewhere by the words "my eBay" click on it. See if you have any items there. if so empty it or delete items.

There's a simple idea!

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”