Best photo hosting service
Best photo hosting service
It is apparent we'll never see enough old photos cleared out (or purged) to allow new photos to be posted. So, what is the least intrusive service I can use. I'll have to get it approved by my (board of directors) because if I do something and it screws up my computer, she told me she won't fix it. 
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Best photo hosting service
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Best photo hosting service
Basic Flickr is free, but limited to only 1000 photos. To store more you'll need a subscription.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Best photo hosting service
Mine are now in Shutterfly. More or less trouble-free. I may try a test shot to verify that.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Best photo hosting service
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Best photo hosting service
Hosting services do not install anything like an app or whatever on your computer; just like visiting any other website.
That is good to know, as a friend sent me a home movie he copied to disc from the 90's via "dropbox". I tried to look at it, but it required joining or at least signing in and I got a warning from Google that it would give dropbox access to everyone in my contact list. Serious BS in my opinion. Obviously, I didn't get to see the video.
So, if these hosting services put nothing on my computer, that' what I want.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Best photo hosting service
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Best photo hosting service
Shutterfly doesn't even let others view my photos -
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Best photo hosting service
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Best photo hosting service
Okay, just joined Shutterfly as it was scary simple. Uploaded a couple of photos from my computer and they're being hosted. But how do I download those photos to this forum? When viewing these photos on shutterfly I see no icons for downloading to another site, only uploading more photos. 
I now understand how these hosting services make their money as 99% of what they show is to purchase this or that or ???
I now understand how these hosting services make their money as 99% of what they show is to purchase this or that or ???
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Best photo hosting service
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Best photo hosting service
I'll get back to you - really easy.
But try this - click on the photo of interest. Find the circle with plus sign, and click on that. Then, I think, you right click and click on something like "image address" - third option.
Then back here
Click on "img" above, then "control V" or " paste."
I will verify that later.
But try this - click on the photo of interest. Find the circle with plus sign, and click on that. Then, I think, you right click and click on something like "image address" - third option.
Then back here
Click on "img" above, then "control V" or " paste."
I will verify that later.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Best photo hosting service
Yep. Just moving the cursor over your chosen photo gives you a + inside a magnifying glass, so click on the +.
Then right click - fourth one down is "copy image address."
Click that. Then come here. "Img" is the Fourth from the right on top of your post. Hit that:

Then it is simply control V or whatever your computer uses for "paste" - it inserts the image address inside the MTJ code for image.
So let's see if that still works . . .
Then right click - fourth one down is "copy image address."
Click that. Then come here. "Img" is the Fourth from the right on top of your post. Hit that:
Then it is simply control V or whatever your computer uses for "paste" - it inserts the image address inside the MTJ code for image.
So let's see if that still works . . .
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Best photo hosting service
Yep - still works! Easy-peezy. Try it here, and we will try to trouble-shoot if you don't get it.
By the way, sometimes uploading to Shutterfly is harder than others - tonight I was "successful" at uploading, but it took a couple more buttons than usual. I did the normal select, then had to put a red "checkmark" on the images I just loaded, and then upload them from purgatory to the actual album. Here's another doorstop:

By the way, sometimes uploading to Shutterfly is harder than others - tonight I was "successful" at uploading, but it took a couple more buttons than usual. I did the normal select, then had to put a red "checkmark" on the images I just loaded, and then upload them from purgatory to the actual album. Here's another doorstop:
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Best photo hosting service
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 100 guests