Union Pacific Steam

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby up148 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:46 am

Wish there was room to post photos...actually wish forum moderators would go in and delete some old photos. There has to be some from years ago that are no longer relevant, by people who are no longer posting. No, I can't use a hosting service, as my significant other is the computer guru in the house and she doesn't want it. :(

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby bob turner » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:38 am

Actually, I think they did that. My photos from previous threads no longer exist. All that is left in most cases is text. That is why I am re-doing my old threads.

Like everything in life, once you figure it out it is easy. The problem is - there are no really good instruction manuals, and every forum is different.

Chris Rock
Posts: 1480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:08 pm
Location: United States

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby Chris Rock » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:06 pm

I like the waves in the brass sides as long as they don't get extreme.

I'm apprehensive about signing on to a photo hosting site. More photos obviously could kick some life back into this site. I miss 2 Rail Jon's posts of his trains also.

up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby up148 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Chris Rock wrote:I like the waves in the brass sides as long as they don't get extreme.

I'm apprehensive about signing on to a photo hosting site. More photos obviously could kick some life back into this site. I miss 2 Rail Jon's posts of his trains also.




AGREE 100%.

up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby up148 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:34 pm

This is the message I get every time I try to attach anything. The photo in question was only 204 KB, pretty small.

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

:(

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:43 pm

up148 wrote:This is the message I get every time I try to attach anything. The photo in question was only 204 KB, pretty small.

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

:(

Doesn't matter how big your new photo is.
Example:
Fill your gas tank on your car. Carefully. Right to the top of the filler neck.

Now try to put another seventy five cents worth in.

To mis-quote a movie:

They're full, Dave. They're all full.
Dave....gone by invitation

up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby up148 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:20 pm

Yep, and I think a great percentage is crap and obsolete.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:14 pm

Maybe. They were important to the poster when they went up. I don't think I've posted anything I hadn't hosted elsewhere since the first "purge".
Isn't worth the effort to "encourage" folks to host elsewhere anymore.
So, the board fills up, the owner "purges", important stuff is gone forever, especially stuff posted by folks that have died.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:32 pm

.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
De Bruin
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby De Bruin » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:30 pm

I've used photo hosting almost exclusively since the first culling that effected my posts sometime back in the 2012-15 range, I don't recall exactly. I've noticed on the extended strings that a lot of the hosted photos die off over time as the users switch, quit paying etc. I can understand this especially when dealing with the hosting sites myriad aggravations. But with regard to this site, unless we're willing to pay the host for the forum for added server storage, I have no ground to stand on criticizing them for not doing it on their own.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:39 pm

.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby bob turner » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:22 pm

Carry on. I will start a new thread in a minute. But here is what I did: I got a password and an e-mail address at Shutterfly. Then it simply says "upload photos" - you hit that button and it asks "from your computer?" Hit that button.

Now all you do is open the photos you want to share. They go right in.

It re-arranges them for you, but you can hit a button to put them back in the order you inserted them.

Now here is the easy, but not obvious step: Select the photo you want to show here, click the button with a plus sign in the balloon, and then "right click" the photo. Maybe three down is the photo address - click that.

Now go back to MTJ, start a post, find the "IMG" button, and hit that. Finally, "control V" or whatever your computer uses for "copy" and you are done.

They will pester you about twice a day to buy something. I just hit the trash button, but I am sure that option can be turned off.

I will re-name this thread, and start a new one for UP Steam.

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby bob turner » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:25 pm

Oops! Cannot re-name threads. For more photos, see UP Steam vol 2.

up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby up148 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:18 am

bob turner wrote:Carry on. I will start a new thread in a minute. But here is what I did: I got a password and an e-mail address at Shutterfly. Then it simply says "upload photos" - you hit that button and it asks "from your computer?" Hit that button.

Now all you do is open the photos you want to share. They go right in.

It re-arranges them for you, but you can hit a button to put them back in the order you inserted them.

Now here is the easy, but not obvious step: Select the photo you want to show here, click the button with a plus sign in the balloon, and then "right click" the photo. Maybe three down is the photo address - click that.

Now go back to MTJ, start a post, find the "IMG" button, and hit that. Finally, "control V" or whatever your computer uses for "copy" and you are done.

They will pester you about twice a day to buy something. I just hit the trash button, but I am sure that option can be turned off.

I will re-name this thread, and start a new one for UP Steam.


Sounds like maybe I can do this clandestinely. :D

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Union Pacific Steam

Postby bob turner » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:36 am

You can. E-mail me if you have any problems. I have not yet tried it with iPad photos, but assume it works the same way.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests