Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:37 am

All good. Finally some model RR'ing.........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby 2railjon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:24 pm

I’m not sure what this is but I want one!!!
Image
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:36 pm

MoW car that looks like something I'd build just for the fun of it!

Where did you see that, Jon?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby 2railjon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:09 pm



Private Facebook group.............. Oh, well....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby 2railjon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:29 pm

Rufus, you can log on to Facebook and Join the group.
As editor of OST I’m sure you would be most welcome!
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm

2railjon wrote:Rufus, you can log on to Facebook and Join the group.
As editor of OST I’m sure you would be most welcome!


Someday I might get a Facebook account..........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:14 am

This started with stuff that came out of an old Bob Peare box but I'm pretty sure that the parts inside did not originate from a Peare kit.

Looks like someone started to lay out a side door caboose. Scribed siding is a plywood; loads of fun opening up holes for the windows and doors. Floor and roof were not going to work at all; wrong contour. Looks like they came from an old Picard kit. Toss those into the tub to go to the next O scale meet. And, there's an extra cupola in styrene(?) and a pair of wood airtanks(?)..... Into the parts bins with those...

Imageh

Fast forward and calling this one done now....

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

On to whatever is next in the queue!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Also completed recently:

Image

Image
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby rogruth » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:20 pm

Both cars very nice.
What does the 1, 3, 1 on the barrels mean? Type of oil?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:29 am

rogruth wrote:Both cars very nice.
What does the 1, 3, 1 on the barrels mean? Type of oil?


As good as any explanation, Roger!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:12 pm

This one I did many years ago (10+)

Image

from a LWS kit.

I started this one, also from a LWS kit, shortly thereafter and it has been occupying workbench #1 for most of that time since every time I've approached it, peals of derisive demonic laughter would issue forth. Last week I exorcised the demon and now it's done.

Image
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby rogruth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:40 pm

I didn't realize the CV was electrified.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:02 pm

rogruth wrote:I didn't realize the CV was electrified.


The Dillsburg Branch was set up with off set overhead wire for a car with a trailer.

Of course, it was also long gone prior to such a car that I lettered for the CVRR ever existed.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....

Postby rogruth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:05 pm

OK. It's still a nice car and can always be in a what if situation. I like it.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests