Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
All good. Finally some model RR'ing.........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
Running that red block Charlie.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
MoW car that looks like something I'd build just for the fun of it!
Where did you see that, Jon?
Where did you see that, Jon?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
Running that red block Charlie.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
2railjon wrote:Rufus,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2railoscale/?ref=share
Private Facebook group.............. Oh, well....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
Rufus, you can log on to Facebook and Join the group.
As editor of OST I’m sure you would be most welcome!
As editor of OST I’m sure you would be most welcome!
Running that red block Charlie.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
2railjon wrote:Rufus, you can log on to Facebook and Join the group.
As editor of OST I’m sure you would be most welcome!
Someday I might get a Facebook account..........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
This started with stuff that came out of an old Bob Peare box but I'm pretty sure that the parts inside did not originate from a Peare kit.
Looks like someone started to lay out a side door caboose. Scribed siding is a plywood; loads of fun opening up holes for the windows and doors. Floor and roof were not going to work at all; wrong contour. Looks like they came from an old Picard kit. Toss those into the tub to go to the next O scale meet. And, there's an extra cupola in styrene(?) and a pair of wood airtanks(?)..... Into the parts bins with those...
h
Fast forward and calling this one done now....
On to whatever is next in the queue!
Looks like someone started to lay out a side door caboose. Scribed siding is a plywood; loads of fun opening up holes for the windows and doors. Floor and roof were not going to work at all; wrong contour. Looks like they came from an old Picard kit. Toss those into the tub to go to the next O scale meet. And, there's an extra cupola in styrene(?) and a pair of wood airtanks(?)..... Into the parts bins with those...
h Fast forward and calling this one done now....
On to whatever is next in the queue!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
Both cars very nice.
What does the 1, 3, 1 on the barrels mean? Type of oil?
What does the 1, 3, 1 on the barrels mean? Type of oil?
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
rogruth wrote:Both cars very nice.
What does the 1, 3, 1 on the barrels mean? Type of oil?
As good as any explanation, Roger!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
This one I did many years ago (10+)

from a LWS kit.
I started this one, also from a LWS kit, shortly thereafter and it has been occupying workbench #1 for most of that time since every time I've approached it, peals of derisive demonic laughter would issue forth. Last week I exorcised the demon and now it's done.


from a LWS kit.
I started this one, also from a LWS kit, shortly thereafter and it has been occupying workbench #1 for most of that time since every time I've approached it, peals of derisive demonic laughter would issue forth. Last week I exorcised the demon and now it's done.

If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
I didn't realize the CV was electrified.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
rogruth wrote:I didn't realize the CV was electrified.
The Dillsburg Branch was set up with off set overhead wire for a car with a trailer.
Of course, it was also long gone prior to such a car that I lettered for the CVRR ever existed.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Recent acquisitions & restoration projects.....
OK. It's still a nice car and can always be in a what if situation. I like it.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests


