And the price of brass continues to grow...

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby E7 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:35 pm

bob turner wrote:Yeah? I hear that nothing has actually been produced except pilot models.


Correct from what I see on the Net. I have no interest in any of it other than as a spectator. You can read it yourself on the MMW website and NK.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:41 pm

E7 wrote:I also saw on NK that Atlas has a working rotating coupler! :shock:


Atlas has working couplers? Now there's a step up!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: And the price of brass continues to grow...

Postby Chris Webster » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 pm

An Overland factory-painted Southern Pacific AC44CW just sold for $1,565 on feebay:
Ebay #233359018596

10+ years ago, I saw lots of those units pulling unit coal trains on the former D&RGW North Fork Branch. To be prototypical, you'd probably need 4 or 5 of them to pull your train of 100 Bethgons...more if you were modeling the Moffat mainline.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 100 guests