Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
https://www.ebay.com/itm/sunset-models- ... Sw4Nldf9if
First off, I know it’s 3 Rail. But I have a full skirted Sunset T1 in 2 Rail I could easily swap out as I prefer the un-skirted version.
Secondly, the price! Yikes!! I would think an offer of 950 would be reasonable.
Lastly, it appears in one of the photos the engine number on the engineers side of the cab have been rubbed off or is it just a bad photo?
First off, I know it’s 3 Rail. But I have a full skirted Sunset T1 in 2 Rail I could easily swap out as I prefer the un-skirted version.
Secondly, the price! Yikes!! I would think an offer of 950 would be reasonable.
Lastly, it appears in one of the photos the engine number on the engineers side of the cab have been rubbed off or is it just a bad photo?
Running that red block Charlie.
-
Jay Criswell
- Posts: 2003
- Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 pm
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Looks, to me, like someone tried to paint over the numbers. A crappy job, they did. Maybe it could be removed without damaging the factory paint, maybe not.
Jay
Jay
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
I’ve messaged the seller twice through eBay now inquiring about the engine number and also asked for a pic of the fireman’s side and it appears I’m being blown off. Suckers beware!
Running that red block Charlie.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42161
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
This one is not for you; there will be others in the future - patience, leafhopper, patience.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
You should check out the Williams T1. I have one - it is rugged and elegant, and runs like the wind. I still have one very expensive set of 2-rail drivers for one, but the models themselves are down in the $300 area - a true bargain.
-
Chris Webster
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Seller appears to think that the "1 of 115" plate on warrants another $1050. You don't, but some SPF probably does.2railjon wrote:Secondly, the price! Yikes!! I would think an offer of 950 would be reasonable.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Here is the Williams. I added the air pumps and paint/decals.
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Thanks for sharing, Bob! The Williams looks pretty nice! That’s the model I’m looking for the re-shopped stripped down Altoona version.
Running that red block Charlie.
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:This one is not for you; there will be others in the future - patience, leafhopper, patience.
You’re a wise mentor, Rufus. I appreciate your input.
Running that red block Charlie.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Great stuff, Dave! 
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
I liked that T1 story. Caused me to chuckle at the end.
Dan Weinhold
Dan Weinhold
-
J. S. Bach
- Posts: 5820
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
A very good read. Plus some nice T1 photos down the page.
Re: Sunset PRR T1 EBay Question
Patience or luck has finally paid off. My Sunset Baldwin Ti skirted will soon be joined by a Sunset Altoona modified T1.

Although this engine started life as a 3 Rail engine it was 2 Railed by RRJJF. Apparently Scott made a lesser amount of the modified T1’s thus being harder to find them. The seller stated that the engine was test run only and then on display at his home ever since.



Although this engine started life as a 3 Rail engine it was 2 Railed by RRJJF. Apparently Scott made a lesser amount of the modified T1’s thus being harder to find them. The seller stated that the engine was test run only and then on display at his home ever since.


Running that red block Charlie.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 96 guests