A Moldy Oldy
A Moldy Oldy
There follows, a link to an old OGR thread. Some interesting stuff in it, and some people posting not often heard from. Note the dates of the posts.
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... ly-members
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... ly-members
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Yeah, lots of posters who aren't active any longer or tossed off of OGR. It was a pretty informative forum at that time, but hasn't been that quality in many years IMHO. Lots of guys MIA from here as well. Makes me feel melancholy.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Though it's interesting the subject is still pretty timely. Maybe I've missed this entirely but has anyone seen a fully finished RTR six axle EMD SD model from them yet?
To both of your points though, people do seem to be dropping off general topic forums in favor of more specialized pages on FB etc.
I think I understand why, more feedback as in "social media" as it is, as well as age attrition and some folks losing the compulsion to post.
To both of your points though, people do seem to be dropping off general topic forums in favor of more specialized pages on FB etc.
I think I understand why, more feedback as in "social media" as it is, as well as age attrition and some folks losing the compulsion to post.
Last edited by De Bruin on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Yeah - somebody posts a photo of their breakfast, and the whole world "feeds back." I had to block my family! It was either inane, or frighteningly political.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
De Bruin wrote:Though it's interesting the subject is still pretty timely. Maybe I've missed this entirely but has anyone seen a fully finished RTR six axle EMD SD model from them yet?
There was at least one BARE BRASS sample at the last March Meet per a recent "O Scale Resource". I have not seen a "finished" model.
http://marchmeet.net/Pix/2019/
More interesting is that I read that the original builder had been let go and MMW had secured their own factory. see 5/31/19 below
http://midwesternmodelworks.com/general-news/
De Bruin wrote:To both of your points though, people do drop seem to be dropping off general topic forums in favor of more specialized pages on FB etc.
I think I understand why, more feedback as in "social media" as it is, as well as age attrition and some folks losing the compulsion to post.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A Moldy Oldy
E7 wrote:There was at least one BARE BRASS sample at the last March Meet
Yes, there was - right across the aisle from Lee Marsh's display.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
I saw the unfinished car body at the March meet; was very nice, again curious if they have a fully complete rtr prototype yet given the elaborate list of details, goodies and functionality etc of the original spec. Feels like a really long slog not unlike some other top premium brass, nature of the beast I suppose.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Pete,
Check out the 5/31/19 entry on the General News Tab:
http://midwesternmodelworks.com/general-news/
Better to have the words direct from the horses mouth.
Check out the 5/31/19 entry on the General News Tab:
http://midwesternmodelworks.com/general-news/
Better to have the words direct from the horses mouth.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
He mentions the DDA40X project is supported but I couldn’t find a reservation list or cost. 
Running that red block Charlie.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Thanks for link, sounds like sorting out his factory is the primary issue. Should be a hit once they deliver.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A Moldy Oldy
2railjon wrote:He mentions the DDA40X project is supported but I couldn’t find a reservation list or cost.
**** The DDA40X will ONLY be produced in a limited quantity of 50 models. This will also ONLY be available in the premium version due to the low quantity. The model will likely be priced at $6,000 per unit, but it will be fully detailed inside and out as the premium version of the SD40-2 project is to be. Several of these have already been spoken for on a preliminary basis. Several people who have expressed interest have asked about the possibility of getting a Union Pacific SD40-2 in the 8000 series to run with a pair of DD40s as they were most often seen together in the prototype as in the photos below.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
2railjon wrote:He mentions the DDA40X project is supported but I couldn’t find a reservation list or cost.
Jon,
Grab your smelling salts and go to the website and look under the future models tab. The DDA40X is number 1 on the list with 4 asterisks behind it. Scroll down to the 4 *s and the projected price is there.
Rich
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: A Moldy Oldy
E7 wrote:2railjon wrote:He mentions the DDA40X project is supported but I couldn’t find a reservation list or cost.
Jon,
Grab your smelling salts and go to the website and look under the future models tab. The DDA40X is number 1 on the list with 4 asterisks behind it. Scroll down to the 4 *s and the projected price is there.
Rich
Yes, I copy & pasted the entire thing just above your post,
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Rufus, you sly dog! How many do you have reserved????
How much extra to get then in CVRR???
PS: I was trying to spare Jon the 6K sledge hammer between the eyes!
How much extra to get then in CVRR???
PS: I was trying to spare Jon the 6K sledge hammer between the eyes!
Last edited by E7 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Didn't the original Sunset (or maybe Oriental) do a DD40AX? One of my buddies in the Dallas club had one and as I recall it had pretty decent factory drive in it, ran and pulled well and looked pretty good to boot.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests
