Williams Niagara Test Run

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Williams Niagara Test Run

Postby 2railjon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:37 am

All cleaned and lubed pulling a string of Golden Gate Depot Heavyweights.
Video:
https://youtu.be/S3WU0CpkkE8

Image
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Williams Niagara Test Run

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Are you sure?
Let me put my fogged up rose coloured glasses and have a closer look.

No, I think you're wrong.

I do believe you have a Harvey Shlitzlemannn model there, made in 1939, six years before the prototype. I read he had one heckuva crystal ball. The problem too is ol' Harv died before the Niagara was run on a real railroad, but we aren't going to let that get in front of our thinking now, are we?

I can probably dig up a very poor and small black and white on newsprint catalog photo to sort of prove my provenance-ial statements.

Oddly, though, when I remove my fogged up rose coloured glasses and look at your photo (while ignoring my huge pile of historical catalogs) yours sort of looks like a Wiliams, but I can't accept that, because I have already decided this is a very rare pre-war example of a builder who built exactly one model.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Williams Niagara Test Run

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:14 pm

Found what I am going to claim is a catalog photo.
Train5.jpg
Train5.jpg (8.72 KiB) Viewed 3734 times

If you take your glasses off and squint your eyes, it's exactly the same thing.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Williams Niagara Test Run

Postby 2railjon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Dave, Well, I cant argue with that! :mrgreen:
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
rex desilets
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Re: Williams Niagara Test Run

Postby rex desilets » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:54 pm

2railjon wrote:All cleaned and lubed pulling a string of Golden Gate Depot Heavyweights.
Video:
https://youtu.be/S3WU0CpkkE8

Image
Nicely de-shined, too, I see.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Williams Niagara Test Run

Postby rogruth » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:26 pm

LMAO at the commentary.
The loco and train look great.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
De Bruin
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Williams Niagara Test Run

Postby De Bruin » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:33 pm

Nice Niagra there fella, good train too.
BTW the catenary is evidently progressing nicely too.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests