What is this from a post on Instagram
- Erik C Lindgren
- Posts: 1307
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
- Contact:
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
No way to tell from that photo.
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
Someone said PRR, but I don't think so.....no Belpaire firebox, and I don't think the PRR ever had a loco with an Elesco feedwater heater. Looks more New York Central to me. Max Gray? Mohawk?
Rich
PS: Bob, there are 4 images there, click on the arrows.
Rich
PS: Bob, there are 4 images there, click on the arrows.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
You are correct - took me a minute to find the arrow. The other three are no help either. A shot of underneath, if anybody seriously wants to know. Probably a modified Hines or a scratchbuild.
- Erik C Lindgren
- Posts: 1307
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
Thanks for looking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
Interesting - all weather cab?
Nothing that I really can assign to any specific.
Nothing that I really can assign to any specific.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
J. S. Bach
- Posts: 5820
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
It looks like a PRR coast-to-coast tender to me. I can not say about the loco, though. One of the leased ATSF ones, maybe? Again, a bottom shot or at least a photo without all of that bubblewrap.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
Somebody has to have seen that all-weather cab design in a model before.
I can't say that I have.
Standard cab, with a custom-fit insert for sealing...with doors....retaining all the original cab rooflines.
I can't say that I have.
Standard cab, with a custom-fit insert for sealing...with doors....retaining all the original cab rooflines.
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
My guess is a C&O Kanawha.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
E7 wrote:My guess is a C&O Kanawha.
Don't think so.
Number boards in wrong place, feedwater heater wrong, sand dome not even in the same universe, RH running board...no.
Pilot and cowcatcher different. Stack different. Running board steps different.
Again, all-weather cab?
Steam dome different place.
Tender? No way, jose.
Probably some Lobaugh kludge.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
Nope. Not Lobaugh, at least not on top.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
bob turner wrote:Nope. Not Lobaugh, at least not on top.
I DO know how to wake you up!
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
I may not know what the engine is, but I know how to get some action on the post! 
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
Come on, folks.
SOMEBODY has to have seen an all-weather cab like that one fitted up under and existing cab roof.
I cannot find one in all my reference materials.
SOMEBODY has to have seen an all-weather cab like that one fitted up under and existing cab roof.
I cannot find one in all my reference materials.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: What is this from a post on Instagram
Nope. It is one of a kind.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 78 guests