Photobucket

Please post your tech support questions here.
J. S. Bach

Re: Photobucket

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 pm

When I clicked on one all I got was a screen telling me I have to log onto Yahoo.

Roy

Postby Roy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:46 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:When I clicked on one all I got was a screen telling me I have to log onto Yahoo.

Did you see the three photos posted here, on MTJ? If not, what did you see?
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

webenda

Postby webenda » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Thanks. Useful!

Now what about the creation of albums for storing photos under various topics and accessing form them for posting?

I think I answered this somewhere else but I have found a new way to create and edit albums. These are the steps...

Create an album in Flickr

1. Mouse over You | select Organize.
2. Click the Albums & Collections tab.
3. Click Create a new album, at the top.
4. Enter a title and description in the left column.
5. Drag content into the album area from the bottom. Click More options to search for specific tags, people, or a specific content type.
6. Click Save.
Last edited by webenda on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

webenda

Postby webenda » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:31 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:When I clicked on one all I got was a screen telling me I have to log onto Yahoo.

Flickr was developed by Yahoo. Yahoo started requiring a Yahoo account to set up Flickr in 2014. After three years of listening to the whiners complain, "I don't want a Yahoo account just to sign into a free photo sharing account!" Yahoo changed the application in January, 2017 to allow the use of Flickr without a Yahoo account. I cannot verify this information without deleting my Yahoo and Flickr accounts and starting over with a Yahooless Flickr account (which I don't want to do.) Maybe Rufus, who just created a Flickr account, can tell us if he was able to get Flickr without Yahoo.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:28 am

webenda wrote: Maybe Rufus, who just created a Flickr account, can tell us if he was able to get Flickr without Yahoo.

No help here - I had a Yahoo account and a Yahoo group as well that I oversee for my NMRA Region.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 am

Well, I got an e-mail from Photobucket last night that notified me that I had 30 days to upgrade my account. This is totally counter to their own Terms of Service which clearly states that my Plus20 account is grandfathered in through Dec 2018. Apparently, Photobucket is not going to honor its own ToS so it's now time to migrate all of my photos elsewhere to another service. Can't imagine how they are going to stay in business when the ToS are a moving target and are just going to be ignored.

I've found a few other services that I rather like and am playing with to test out organization and operability. But, I'm thinking that I might just go buy my own hosting space and maybe later then be able to get a domain name for my own web site(s) and just have all of the flexibility that I need through that option. In the meantime, my photos here are all going to disappear over the next 3 weeks.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote: ...snip... In the meantime, my photos here are all going to disappear over the next 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear that.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:52 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote: ...snip... In the meantime, my photos here are all going to disappear over the next 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear that.

Except when I pointed out that they were going to violate their own terms of service they backed up and granted me an "exception"

I suspect that they are shaking down all of the remaining paying users to see if they can either get them topay the big bucks or just get them to leave.

I am in the meantime exploring other options.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:23 am

I am now actively migrating away from Photobucket to a new service.

Return to “Forum Support”